Chapter 6

Opening my eyes slowly from the sun beaming through the tent.  I began changing my clothes quickly, as I stepped out of the tent, stretching in the sunlight.  The cans we had around the border of our camp were gone and Merle's tent is gone. What the hell is going on?

Daryl stepped into my vision with his crossbow and a back pack on his shoulders.  "Get your shit around, we gotta go"

"What's going on?  Why we leavin'?"

"I've already killed 3 walkers today, Merle killed a couple yesterday, this place is getting filled with too many of them".

Looking at his eyes, I could tell that there's no arguing with him.  Turning around I gathered my stuff from the tent.  When finished, Daryl put the tent down quickly packing it into a truck they had parked a little bit away next to it was a motorcycle.

Merle voice spoke out just then "You bitches ready to get the hell outta here?".

Looking at Daryl, I felt my voice speak before I could think "Maybe I should just head out on my own now, since y'all are heading on the road"  Daryl spun around fast, causing me to freeze.

My breath caught in my throat,  his eyes held anger as he looked at me.  "Your leg ain't healed.   Just yesterday you got attacked and barely made it out alive.  Ya sure ya want to leave?"  He was only a few feet away but it feels like he's invading my head.  I can't think.

Looking away, unsure on how to answer.  I want stay with them and let my leg heal but, but I'm growing closer to them everyday... Which isn't good. Looking down at my feet Daryl's voice spoke out again.

"Do ya want to leave?"  He spoke slowly enunciating each word.

Glancing up, I knew what my answer was going to be.

Softly shaking my head no, Daryl stepped toward me.  Keeping my eyes back on the ground, his feet stepped into my vision.  Looking up at him, my heart started to thump roughly against my chest.

"Give me your bag so I can put it in the truck"  His hand was outstretched waiting for me.  Pulling my back pack off, I handed it to him slowly.  His rough hands brushed against mine making my stomach flip.  His eyes caught mine for a brief second.  But it felt like eternity.

Spinning around fast, I watched  him walk back to the truck to put my stuff away.  Making my way to the truck, Daryl went to the driver's  side. Merle's voice called out as my hand went to the door handle.

"Good to know your joining us, now why don't you hop on sugar tits"

Looking over to Merle raising an eyebrow "I'd rather deal with a walker".   Chuckling as I stepped into the passenger side of the truck, Daryl was already inside.  We began driving on a dirt road,  it's happening...I'm actually joinging a group, well kind of.  My mind was racing.  How could I have said yes to leaving with them?  I was so close to telling him goodbye, but the words couldn't come out. 

After driving for so long in silence, I couldn't take it anymore.

"So, uh, where were ya before shit went to hell?".

Daryl glanced over to me before returning his gaze back to Merle on his morcycle in front of us.  "Didn't think you were one for small talk"

Leaning my head on the window from boredom "I'm not, the silence is boring me though"

"Been with Merle since he got outta prison for punching a sergeant when in the military"

Instantly after he said that I thought of my father,  the blood on my hands,  the cops, back of the poli-