Chapter 26

My ears were ringing in my head.  Opening my eyes, I felt cloth against them and I couldn't see a thing.  It was black.  There must be a bag or something over my head.  Moving my arms, I realized my hands were bound behind me.  Godammit. Fuck, where's Daryl?  I could very my airways closing I couldn't control my breathing.

"D- Daryl?" I tried catching my breath, listening for and answer.

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

"Daryl? Please answer me?"  What if he's not with me? Somewhere hurt or worse...

*Groan*

Turning my head to his sound "Daryl?  Daryl, make a sound again so I can try to find where you're at" Still keeping my voice soft.

"Over here" he groaned out again.

I can tell he's not far.  Sliding on my butt toward his voice, soon enough I found my back against something hard.

Daryl groaned louder in my ear "Ya found me"

Grabbing his hands as we sat back to back "Daryl, what's going to happen to us?"  I didn't want to sound so hopeless and weak, but the future seemed dim for us.

Daryl's grip tightened around my my hands, "Don't worry, we'll be fine.  Ain't lettin' anything happen to you"

Taking in another shaky breath "How's your stomach? I saw it was bleeding" 

"Hurts like a bitch.  They got me pretty deep" he groaned out

"They hurt you? You okay?" He asked.

Trying to calm myself, I tried to focus on myself. "My head...they knocked me out. I d-don't think anything else"

"We'll get out of this"  He replied semi confidently.

Tears threatened to break through as his words hit my ear.  My breath came out shaky as I leaned the back of my head against his.  "I love you Daryl.  I love you so much"  God when did I get this weak?

"Shut up. I said we'll be fine" his angry voice made my heart ache.

Sniffling, I tried to keep my to keep my tears at bay "D-daryl, I need you to say it back.   We d-don't know what will happen to us.  Please"

He sighed heavily before squeezing my hands once "I love y-

Before Daryl could finish his words, both of the bags over our heads got ripped off.  "Well well, ain't this a sight.  You guys are going to make me cry!"

My eyes took a second to focus on the man standing next to us.

"Ow! godammit!" Someone yanked on the back of my hair yanking me so knelt in front of the large man.  They did the same to Daryl but he only growled out at them.

Looking around us, we were in a large room dimly lit as 20 or more people stood around us. As to the man in front of me.  He heavy built, he wore a black leather jacket and a blood red scarf.  He smiled down at me and instantly I felt my stomach hit the floor.

He began pacing back and forth across in front of us.  "Now in case you two were wondering, I'm Negan.  And from what I hear, the young lady right here is Miss Alexandra.  But I yet to know who the man next to her, what's your name?"

Daryl only glared not answering the question.

Negan's sinister smile slowly got worse as he waited for Daryl to answer "I asked you a question. I expect an answer"

Daryl kept quiet which only made me stare wide eyed at him.  Negan sighed before turning around walking toward the wall to grab something.

Looking back to Daryl, he met my eyes and I could only true fear in them.  I wanted to move closer to him but I decided against that.  We both turned our head back facing forward but it only took seconds for a whimper to escaped my lips as saw what was in his hands.

It was a large baseball bat wrapped with barb wire. 

"Now, make this easier and jut tell me your name"

There was few seconds of silence before he answered "Daryl"

"Now, was that so hard?!" He exclaimed happily. "And I want to introduce Lucille, she is very special to me"  He spoke while looking at his bat as if he was staring into the eyes of a precious baby.  He leaned into the bat slowly to kiss the top of it before he turned his attention back to us as he swung the bat casually in his hands.

"Now, I haven't had to do this too many times yet, but you must know I have to show my people who's in charge.  And when people do not listen to me, there must be a consequence"

Daryl's and I chest's heaved up and down.

"My men asked you a simple question, and you bravely but equally stupid said no to them.  And you young lady seemed like you were going to put up quite a fight for your things.  Kudos, for being a brave little girl" He bent down and chuckled at me. "I hate to break  it to you guys, but one of you will have to get personal with Lucille.

My entire body shuttered as he finished his sentence.   

Glancing quickly to Daryl before meeting Negan's eyes.  I held his gaze as I squared my shoulders. Keeping my chin high even though my stomach churning inside.

"Damn girl! Be a hell of a shame for the world to lose someone like you" He smiled down at me.  Making me shake in fear but I WAS NOT giving him the satisfaction of me quivering at his feet.

"No. Not her"  

Snapping my head to Daryl. I felt anger flare over my body

Negan casually walked to Daryl, crouching down to meet his eyes "A gentlemen, I like that.  But you got a wild streak in you.  I can tell. And I'm assuming that pretty girl over there is yours?  Props for finding her, don't have much of selection these days"

Negan's eyes slowly looked me up and down, causing Daryl's anger to course through his body, coming out as small tremors. Negan smiled at me and smiled back at Daryl.  "I can see a bit of that anger and wild streak coming through you now." 

Daryl's body heaved up and down. 

"Enough with the chitchat, let's get on with the show!"

I felt tears threaten to break through but I refused to let them fall.  I'm not going to die crying in front of this man.

"Now, let's decide which one it's going to be"  

He pointed the bat directly in face making me flinch noticeably "You?"

He then pointed the bat at Daryl "Or you?"

I looked at Daryl as the bat pointed at his forehead, and he kept his eyes right on Negan "As long as it ain't her"

"No!" I felt my mouth clamp shut as Negan turned his back to me.  Tears now were flowing but I held Negan's smiling gaze.

"Don't be fucking stupid Lex" Daryl blurted out causing Negan to smile back at him. 

Negan jumped back excitedly  "You guys are making it so hard to choose! How about this?" He tapped his bat gently against his chin "Both? Then you guys won't suffer without each other for too long? I swear to be as quick as possible.  I'd hate to break up a beautiful couple like you guys"

Negan walked to the middle of us, staying a few feet away before he turned around slowly, keeping his back to us.  He held his bat in his hands. He held the bat in striking position, keeping his back squared. His neck stretched from right to left before turning back in font of us.

This is it.

Breathe. 

Just breathe.

It'll all be over soon. God I just hope it's me before Daryl. I can't bare to watch, it be him...

"I love you Alexandra"

It was the last thing I heard before.........