Chapter 24

Absolute pure bliss, those are the only words that come close enough to how last night was.

My eyes lazily opened against the sun's rays.  It had to be past noon,  it felt like I got no sleep whatsoever.  Last night seemed to last forever.  It was absolutely perfect.

Letting my eyes flutter shut, but it wasn't long before Daryl's body began to stir.

His arm was wrapped tightly around my torso while his head was asleep on my chest.  Brushing my fingers through his hair, tugging it softly as I played with it absentmindedly.  His arm tightened around me making squeak out.

Gasping quietly "Daryl, let go. Can't Breathe.  And hungry" I laughed in his ear. 

"I was sleepin' good" He groaned against me.  His voice was rough and scratchy, sending chills across my body that I did my best to ignore.

His arm loosened slightly and I chuckled as he rolled on top me.  Causing my wind to be knocked out of me  "That's not any better!" 

His arms were placed on each side of my head.  "Really? I like it better"   His mouth moved my neck, nipping at it softly.  Arching my back slightly, enjoying his feather light kisses.  

It was then, that I notice his hardness pressing against me making me grip his chest.  Earning a deep groan from his chest . I mustered all the restraint I could splayed  my hands on his broad chest  

"No, get off.  I require food" I whined as I began shoving his body off of me playfully.

I watched as he stood up, with no modesty as he began getting dressed in front of me.  Blush crept over me as I began looking for all of my clothes, getting dressed as fast as possible.  Feeling his smirking gaze as he watched me.

We ate what was left of our food, smirking at each other every now and then.  The both of us sat in the tree house for the day.  Enjoying each other's company.

Our days began to pass like this.  Every morning we'd wake up we'd eat, hunt, and survive.  Falling asleep every night in each other's arms.  Whispering sweet words, always treating each day like our last.

I had never imagine that Daryl would the cuddle type, but each night I'd fall asleep tight in his arms.  Keeping me safe as if at any moment I could float away.

*************  A FEW WEEKS LATER **************

"Lex, to ya right" Daryl called out from my left

"Yup, got it"

The walker snarled at me as I closed the distance before shoving my knife deep in it's skull, like sliding into a slice of butter.

We continued on our hunt through the forest quietly as we looked for anything remotely edible.  So far there wasn't much.  We had only caught a couple squirrels, other wise there wasn't much out here except for the occasional walker.   

We kept our guards as the forest thickened.  The sunlight was barely able to shine through the trees so it seemed a bit darker than it should be.  An odd feeling sunk into the pit of my stomach as I caught a whiff of a terrible smell, but passed it off for a skunk.

The forest became oddly quiet.  All you could hear was our footsteps, the earth crunching beneath our feet.  

Somethings wrong. I don't know what but I have a bad feeling.