Chapter 7

"Alex"  a small whisper feathered over my face.

"Hmmm?".

I could feel my hair spread across my head and pillow as I laid flat on my stomach. 

"Wake up". The voice was gravelly, making a small smile spread across my lips.

"Hmm...no"

A finger trailed across my cheek making me goose bumps arise on my skin.  Keeping my eyes shut, I felt the hand trail down my neck to my arm.  A small shiver coursed through my body,  opening my eyes slowly to see a pair of bright blue ones.

Sighing softly as I stared at him lazily "What are you doin' in here"   Arching my back, I groaned loudly as I felt each joint pop.

"Told ya to stop doin'that"

Smiling sleepily, I shrugged my shoulders feeling my eyes close again.  The bed moved and warm breath fanned across my cheeks making me shutter softly.  Looking up from under my lashes, his body was closer now.  His lips only inches from my face.

"Told ya, time to get up"  

His words were raspy against my ears,  I could feel his light beard rubbing softly on cheek, only making me smile.  Pushing his chest away gently but only to feel a warm arm wrap around my waist, bringing me closer to his chest.

"Don't push me away"  

I could feel every muscle in his chest and torso.  Bringing my hands up between us, I curled my body gently against his.   His warm hand splayed against the small of back.  His slow even breaths were beginning to lulling me to sleep.

"Alex, come on.  Get up."

Stirring a small bit in his arms but I kept my eyes closed and ignored his attempts to wake me and enjoyed the feeling against his chest. 

"Alex wake the hell up"

Whinning slightly "Nooo"

"Alex get up"

My eyes snapped opened and felt my body jolt up.  Immediately looking to my side I saw no one.  A small whistle came from the doorway making my head snap around.

I felt my cheeks burn realizing it was a damn dream.  "What?"

"Nearly noon,  figure you'd want some food and water"

His body was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed, making each muscle pop out.

Looking back up at his eyes I nodded.  Rubbing my eyes roughly, ignoring the slight pain in my head.  Groaning loudly, Daryl's chuckle came from the doorway made me groan louder.

"Drink a little too much?"  His smug voice made me want to rip his tongue out.

Thinking back to the dream, I pressed my hands to my eyes tightly "Something like that"

Letting my shoulders slouch forward, I brought my gaze back to him.  "Can I have few minutes to myself, please?"  My voice was rough and dry.  Practically begging for water.

The door shut behind him as he left, greatful he didn't argue.  Stretching forward grabbing the heels of my feet.  I let my head fall on my knees as the images of what I dreamed floated back into my head.  My stomach flipped as I thought of his arms around me. God, what's wrong with me?  Why the hell did I dream of that?  Pulling my knees up to hug them tightly. And why do I want to have that dream again?

Walking down stairs I could see Merle and Daryl talking by the door.  My right leg wavered a bit in pain, but I kept my balance.

Merle turned his head to me as I made it to the last step. "Well well well, don't you look like sunshine and rainbows" his annoying smirk was plastered on his dumb face.