Chapter 27

Daryl's POV

"No! Me! It was suppose to be me!"

Each strike, I felt a piece of me die with every swing of the bat.  Tears soaked my face. I couldn't move, I couldn't fight.  My chest felt like a truck rammed into me full force. 

I couldn't look at her....

All I could do was hear the crush of her skull....

Again.

And again.

And he laughed. 

Each fucking time.

By the time the bastard finish, she just layed there.  Lifeless, her once beautiful face was now unrecognizable.

My eyes looked at the ground in front myself. Not looking at her...not looking at him.

"Now now champ. She was just a girl. She was bound to get caught by geeks or other people. I'm doing you a favor!"

He was silent for a moment, I didn't even hear what he had said to me. 

"I know i said I'd let you both meet Lucille, but...."

My neck snapped up "What?!" My voice was was barely understandable.

"Take him boys, we can't bare to lose a man like this. I bet he can be very useful to us" 

Two men came up behind me yanking each side of me.  I struggled as best as I could but their grip only tightened.

"NO! Fuckin' kill me! You fuckin' said you bastard!"

"Haha sorry, sometimes I lie! I'm only human"

I was being dragged out farther and farther from him. He's going to wish he killed me and not her.

"Hey bastard! Want to hear why your a goddam idiot?!" I started laughing hysterically. My eyes shifted to Lex's body, I thought I saw her foot twitch but I knew it couldn't be true.  I began laughing harder.

Negan chuckled at my threat as the men paused to look down at me.

"Why not" Negan laughed.

I met his eyes with my glare. Everything in my body with hot with anger as I let the words form in my mouth.

"You killed the only person that could have saved the shit filled life.  She's been bit and never turned you fucking idiot" I spit the last words out before the men yanked me quickly away.  Negan's face slowly went from a sinister smile to confusion.

"He's lying boys, get the dumb redneck out of my face. Throw him in the room" Negan cursed out.

I felt my body being shoved on to the concrete ground before a door closed behind me, making darkness envelope all around me.

"Ain't no way in hell I'm staying here.  I'm gonna make ya'll wish you were dead" I whispered quietly to myself.  I ain't goin' to let her death be for nothin'.  My heart clenched as I thought of her.  

"Lex, I'm going to kill them all"