Chapter 2

I could hear Merle and Daryl arguing in the other room.  I began moving the garbage off the crappy torn up twin sized bed and sat my bag on the floor.  letting my let my body fall onto the bed.   I don't remember how long its been since I've laid on a bed, maybe a month or so?  I've learned to get use to the hard ground, making this stained up ratty bed feel like a hammock on a warm sunny beach. 

  Merle's voice echoed through the house "Why don't ya cook us up some squirrels man?!"

"Why don't ya cook em' yourself if you want em' so damn bad"

Soon after Daryl finished the last of his sentence all I could hear was grunts and and yelling in between.  Standing up I walked to the door, opening it to see the two of the wrestling on the floor throwing punches at each other.  I couldn't help but smirk at them.  I'm surprised walkers haven't killed them with the amount of noise they make.  Leaning against the door frame, I crossed my arms waiting for them to end their little fight session.  Merle quickly pinned Daryl and started laughing at him.  Only making him angrier, thrashing against Merle.  Merle flipped around pulling Daryl into a choke-hold.

Daryl began trying to catch his breath "That's cheatin'!"

Dammit Merle, you can't be fightin' unfair I scolded him in my head. 

Walking slowly around them so I could get behind Merle, I saw Daryl watching me as I walked.  Merle was too busy yelling curse words and laughing to notice me.  Crouching low right behind Merle, quickly reminding myself of everything Johnny taught.  And without a second thought I jumped on his back wrapping both arms around his throat and pushing Daryl out of his grasp with my feet.  Once Daryl got away I locked my legs around Merle.

"Get the hell off me!" Merle tried shaking me off but failed.

"Are you done fighting unfairly?"

Daryl stood in front of us with a smirk on his face making me laugh.

Merle continued gasping for air "Get your skinny ass off me!"

Tightening my legs and arms around him "Are you done?"

Merle grunted and stopped thrashing around.

"I'll take that as a yes" Smirking at him.

And with that,  I quickly detached myself from him and stood behind him watching as his red face stare at me angrily. His fists were balled up making me laugh more.

"What the hell wrong with you girl?!"

"Don't be fightin' unfair then!  I couldn't just let you use that choke-hold!" Throwing my hands in the air.

Merle took an intimidating step toward me, as if to threaten me.  Daryl placed his hand on Merle's shoulder "Calm your ugly ass down, your fine" He smirked and glanced at me. 

Merle shook his brother's hand off him and stormed outside, leaving me alone with Daryl. 

Shrugging my shoulders "Don't worry 'bout me, I'll be outta here by tomorrow and won't piss your brother off anymore" Daryl just stared at me as I finished my sentence.  Making the room awkwardly silent.  Looking around the room trying to ignore his gaze, I started my way for the room I was in previously. 

A hand grabbed my arm stopping me instantly.  Looking down at the dirty hand on my arm I moved my gaze to Daryl's eyes, and finally noticing the blue in them.  But as soon as we made eye contact he quickly looked away and let go of my arm.

"I'm a-making those squirrels soon. You should um-you should eat if ya plan on leaving soon, or whatever" He mumbled out as he stepped outside.

Why the hell does he care if I eat?  I don't need no one to be worrying bout me.  I can go days without eating and be fine.