Goodbye My Love

Start bij het begin

He walked towards me. "Roxanne, I'm not letting you go."

"Damien." I walk towards him and when we are a whisper away, I look up at him. "You can't change our future."

Damien's jaw tensed. "Roxanne...why are you giving up—?"

I hushed him and placed my finger on his lips, a smile curving on my lips. Then I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in, he didn't hesitate and for one last time we kissed. For one last time I will enjoy the warmth of his lips and the infinite bliss. 

For one last time. 

From the way Damien kissed me back, long and gently, he probably knew where this would end. He cups my cheeks and even though I need to breath, I felt like passing out from lack of air than being conscious and stopping this. It's been so long since I've felt this blazing feeling in my chest, the feelings we conveyed to each other were beautiful.

Finally I pulled away, holding back the sobs. I'd have to lie to the love of my life in order to protect him from the destruction we'd do to each other.

He leaned his head on my shoulder. "Why?"

"We'd destroy each other."

His grip tightened. "I'd rather we destroyed each other than not be together, I'd rather live in destruction than live without you."

"Damien." I rubbed his back. "I'm in love...with..." You. "...Bryon."

Damien's head lifted and he chuckled dryly. "I lost."

"No." I shook my head. "You won, you don't have to deal with me anymore."

He nodded his head. "Then why does it feel so painful?"

"Because," I say. "You're sad for the loser."

Damien smiled then leaned in once more to kiss me, it was short and quick. And seconds later he walked away just as he kissed me, short and quick

Once he left completely, I went back inside of what would be my new home and I ignored Bryon and went straight to the room.

That night I never came out.

I sobbed until there were no more tears. 

*****

* One Week Later * 

The way Samantha teared up as I told her what happened last week, it felt like "Titanic" all over again. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She frowned.

I knew this would be coming. "Samantha...we can't be together...we're bad for each other..."

"That's bull shit Roxanne and you know it." She grabbed a tissue and wiped her teary eyes. "I'm your best friend, which means I can tell when you're lying."

Samantha caught me, I am lying—well about the reason why I chose Bryon. In truth we are bad for each other and it's a stupid reason not to get back together but for once in my life I'm going to help someone in need. Damien is strong, he'll eventually get over me and find someone else way better than me.

Doesn't mean I will find anyone better than him.

I'm all out of tears yet my nose begins to sting. "Sammie you've got to understand, for my entire life all I have done is cause misfortune to others. I've been given the chance to help someone and start a clean slate."