Our Hearts [A J.Bieber Story] Ch. 17

:: Justin ::
I cringed at the agonizing pain in my stomach. If I ever saw the freak who'd stabbed me again, I was going to squeeze the pulp right of him. I shifted up on the hospital bed and sighed. According the clock beside me, it was 3:28 am. My mom was fast asleep on a small couch across the room and Jasmine had left around 10 when I fell asleep. I'd woken up again due to the pain and I just couldn't go back to sleep. I slowly felt for my cell phone. It was lying beside me. I scrolled down it's contacts and stopped when I found Lila's number. I'd never deleted and I didn't plan on doing. I wanted to talk to her. She was probably asleep. I sighed and put my phone back down. She'd be coming in the morning anyways. She promised. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, slowly drifting into the realm of dreams.

-

"Mm." I moaned as a pain shot throughout my body. I bit my lip to the point where I could taste the metallic taste of blood. I tried to clench my fists but my fingers curled around somebody's hand instead. I peeked through my eyelids to see Lila looking down at me, a worried look spread across her face.

"Hey." I smiled weakly.

Her face relaxed. "Hey. You ok? You looked like you were in pain."

"It was nothing." I lied and then realized my hand was still squeezing hers. I quickly let it go, my cheeks flushing. Wow. After so many months Lila still had that affect on me.

"Justin?" She said.

"Mm?" I answered.

"When are you leaving?"

Her question took me by surprise but I answered it with full honesty. "I don't know."

She kinda smiled. "Wow Justin, I'd actually think you'd keep track of your tour." She had a hint of sarcasm to her voice and a hint of playful-ness.

"This is actually my last stop." I grinned. "And my most painful stop."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really." Ok. So on any normal occasion...6 months back...this was about the point where I'd be leaning in to kiss her. Sadly, I was in a hosptial bed where any type of movement caused me pain and I had a girlfriend I wouldn't betray. I'm not that kind of guy.

Lila spoke, interrupting my thoughts. "You know, if you need a place to stay, there's an extra room in my house."

I smiled. I'd love to stay at her house. But I had a whole crew with me. "Sorry. Lila, unless you can fit a crew of about 60 people then i can't stay at your house."

I could swear I saw disappoint flash in her eyes. "Ok. I just though if you needed a place to stay..." her voice faded. "Nevermind. How's your life been lately?"

Her sudden change of subject told me that there was obviously something she wasn't telling me. I ignored it for now.

"My lifes been fun. Traveling, here and there. It's quite a rush." I tried to smile but something was bothering her. She was tugging at her black t-shirt now, looking nervous.

"Um, Lila? You ok?"

She looked up. "Yeah, I'm fine." Her voice was shakey and I knew she was definitly lying. She wasn't ok.

"Li, you can trust me. You know that right?" I reached for her hand but she pulled it away.

"Justin." She said my name and paused for a second. She sighed. "I have go. I haven't eaten breakfast and Darren had invited me..." She broke off mid-sentence. The air around us became akward. The akwardness continued when Jasmine peeked through the doors.

"Justin?" She smiled at me. Her smile faded when she saw Lila. Huh.

"I brought you some chocolate ice cream from Baskin Robins..." Jasmine slowly stepped into the room and walked over to me. "It's still cold and fresh." She smiled proudly.

I heard someone snicker. Lila.

"Cookie dough." Lila began to head toward the door, ready to leave.

Jasmine raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Lila rolled her eyes. "Cookie dough. He likes cookie dough. Not chocolate." She smiled innocently and left, leaving me alone with Jasmine. Wow. Lila was right. I did love cookie dough.

Jasmine scowled. "Are you sure she's just a friend, Justin? She doesn't act like it."

I don't know why, but all I could do was smile and smile and more smiling. "Yeah. She's just a friend." Jasmine's face told me that she knew there was something I wasn't tellig her. But again...right now, all I could do was smile. Lila had remembered my favorite ice cream and that only meant one thing.... She'd never forgotten me. I already knew she hadn't but I just...wanted proof. She's given me more than proof. There was still some spark between us. Heck, there was still more than just sparks.

:: Lila ::
I shut the door behind me, tears welling up in my eyes? What did he see in her?! I should be the one bringing him ice cream. At least I knew what type he liked. He hated chocolate. I bet even his fans knew that. That Jasmine chick doesn't know anything. Wiping away escaped tears, I slipped out the front door of the hospital. I was surprised to see Darren parked up front in...a motorcyle? Huh. Well he was 18.

I approached him, examining the bike. "Nice wheels."

Darren smirked. "Thanks. I thought I'd find you here. What's with you and that Bieber kid?"

I sighed. "I don't want to talk about, Darren."

He just shrugged, letting go of the subject. "Ok. Well do you want to go grab some breakfast like planned?"

I put on my best smile. "Wouldn't miss it." He motioned for me to hop on behind him. I did just that. He handed me a helmet and I slipped it on. My arms wrapped around his waist, he started he motor and we were off.

-

"I feel like I just ate a whole cow."

"Wow, Lila. I didn't think you were capable of such thing."

I playfully shoved Darren. He chuckled and draped an arm around me.

"Trust me, I'm capable." I told him.

He snickered. "I doubt that."

"You just don't know me so well yet." I pointed out.

"Don't I?" I felt Darren's warn breath on my neck. When had he gotten so close?

"Um, Darren...?" I muttered. He ignored me, his lips slightly inches away. Oh, not now. I bit my lip and took a step back.

"Darren, we can't."

He let out a sigh. "Why? I like you, Lila. Don't you like me? Is there something I did wrong, is it..." his voice faded. "Its him, isnt it?"

I looked away. "Its who?"

"Don't play with me, Lila. It's him, right? Bieber? That's why you visit him in the hospital. What happened between you two?" Was that anger in his voice? Or worry? I couldn't make out what.

"Darren, please let it go. Nothings going on between me and Justin. He has a girlfriend anyways." I told him, blinking back tears that seemed to be wanting to come out.

"I bet you wish he didn't." Darren's voice had an edge to it. "Come on." He hopped on his bike. "I'll take you home. I have stuff to do."

I avoided eye contact and hopped on after him. He was right. It was Justin. He was still there...in my heart...and all those feelings I had for him had resurfaced.

____________________________________________________

Did u guys like this chappie? COMMENT ;) I luv when u guys comment and FAN too! But most of all...*drum roll*....VOTE! lol Well just to make quick convo here, who saw Justin's super bowl Best Buy commercial? bahaha  notice him dressed as an old creepy guy at the end? I luved that, Justin's not afraid to laugh at himself. He's so cute ;D Anywho, if you haven't read my story "Inside Your heaven" yet, I highly recommend it <3 Just a quick overview: It's about a girl who's been abused by her father all her life and when she finally gives up and decides to committ suicide by running in front of car, she meets Justin, who happened to be driving the car. ;) Go read the first chaper! its up! xo

P.S. LUV YALL!