"Daddy, you can be Vinnie the Zebra and Karmit the Frog! I'll be Kathy the Cat and Woofles the Dog!"

Shizuka excitedly presented her favourite animal plushies to her dad.

"Sure thing!" Amatsuyu's phone started ringing suddenly. "Sorry sweetheart, let me take this real quick..."

Turning away from Shizuka, Amatsuyu answered the call angrily.

"What is it?! I'm spending quality time with my daughter right now Zak, can't it- you finished the volume? We're three days before the deadline and you just completed it now?! Ahhh! Hang on, let me go to the office, I didn't bring my laptop with me last night!"

Ending the call with an annoyed expression, Amatsuyu turned back his angel of a daughter with a bright smile. Patting her head, Amatsuyu explained the situation in baby talk.

"Sorry sweetheart, but daddy can't play with you anymore. Something just came up and daddy needs to go to work... Mommy will play with you later once she's done cooking though, okay?"

"B-but... I-I wanna play with daddy..."

"Daddy would love to play plushies with you too, but daddy has something really important to take care of..."

"M-more important... than me?"

Turning to his wife, Amatsuyu's expression dropped. Suddenly, Shizuka started to cry, making Amatsuyu panic and pick her up out of instinct. Sakuya laughed at his clumsiness, plating up breakfast, and packing some up for her husband to take with him.

"Sakuya, can you please take care of this mess...? I don't know if my heart can handle this stress..."

"Of course I can. C'mon Shizuka..." Sakuya took the crying Shizuka from her husband's hands, cradling her and gently hushing her back to calmness.

"Thanks darling, you're a lifesaver. I'm heading out!"

"Have a good day at work, and make sure to drive carefully! No rushing back home and getting a ticket because of it."

"Ahh, I won't repeat that same mistake again!"

Amatsuyu left his house and drove off to the publishing office.

Back at the Tokyo International Airport, the prisoner Callum Sykes was complaining at Izanoku angrily.

"I took so long because getting permission from the warden to visit you was a pain in the ass! Look at what they made me wear bruv! Everyone's looking at me bare weird! It's pissing me off!"

For the safety of others and visibility purposes, Callum was handcuffed and forced to wear a heavy duty neon orange jumpsuit.

"Be grateful the warden trusts you enough to be let outside. I say some fresh air will do you some good. It's better than staying in the cell all day with that psycho, right?"

Ayato Korastacker, the Narukami Clan Leader, Dragon Empire Branch Manager, and caretaker of Callum, held him back while trying to express the positives of the situation.

"That wasteman's a broken record. Did I shank him too hard in the head?"

The person Ayato was referring to was Kakusei Amehana, who had been imprisoned after being found guilty on accounts of attempted murder and aggravated assault against one of his fellow classmates.

He was put into the same maximum security cell as Callum, who had no qualms of roughing Kakusei up and putting him through the wringer. These days, Kakusei could only mutter one name in hatred and defeat.

"Zeon... Ishima... Zeon... Ishima..."

Zeon Ishima stood in front of Rose Ishima's gravestone. Rose was his younger sister who tragically passed away in her sleep due to a underlying lung disease no one was aware of. Aptly putting a bouquet of roses in front of her, he quietly prayed for her spirit.