The boy groaned groggily, pulling the sheets over his head further to prevent himself from slipping from slumber because he wanted to sleep more. The second thing he loved doing after basketball is sleeping. He would always nap every time he could, especially after playing outside.

That particular morning, he was exhausted because he spent playing basketball the whole night yesterday. As you can see, he dreamt to be a famous basketball player.

But you already know that he won't be able to be one.

"Son, wake up." His mother began to pull the sheets from him. "Do you know what day it is today? Get your lazy ass up, sweetheart or I might have to spank you with my slipper."

The boy, upon hearing this, immediately sat up from bed, hastily looking around to see if his mother was already looking for a slipper.
Damn, the boy hated his mother's slipper slaps. You may think it's childish, but it actually hurts, especially in the arms.

"Ah, there we go." His mother smiled.

Yoongi blinked and met her eyes. Then, his mother went outside to grab something. When she came back, a gasp left the boy's lips. He had completely forgotten that it was his birthday today.

His mother began to sing for him, a wide smile on her lips as she slowly approached his dear son with a cake in her hands.

"Yoongi, make a wish and blow the candles." His mother cheerfully said.

Yoongi, with a big gummy smile on his face, closed his eyes and made a wish before blowing the candles. He ran a hand through his brown hair to soothe his bed hair.

Meanwhile, his mother gently ruffled his hair lovingly. And for the rest of the day, they both spent the whole day together, unaware that that year would be the last year his mother would remember his birthday.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

1 year later...

Yoongi was quietly doing his report in his own room. The only light that made it easy for him to see was his lamp and the streaking light of the moon entering his room.

Aside from that, it was all silent. The boy suddenly felt lonely in the absence of his mother. He wondered what she was doing and if she was on her way home with a bucket of fried chicken because he was also hungry.

Yoongi stretched his limbs, opting to take a break first before completing his report. His gaze fell on his clock, and his eyeballs almost popped upon seeing the time.

11:43 PM.

It was weird to Yoongi because usually, his mother would be home by eight, and she would be knocking at his door to have dinner. But Yoongi never noticed the time passing by quickly, too immersed in doing his work.