8. I'm Pained

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A deep breath elicited from Sohee's throat and she puffed air out as she rubbed both of her arms to keep herself warm. Then she shakily turned her head to Yoongi. "Aren't you feeling cold?"

Sohee was worried for Yoongi's condition because he didn't bring any jacket, and the fact that snow had began to fall unexpectedly that night didn't help.

"Care to warm me up then?" Yoongi cooed at her. Sohee turned red while Yoongi laughed in amusement.

"I would really give you my coat but as you can see I'm having trouble even with the coat, so I'm sorry if I can't think of anymore ways to warm you up." She partly lied, thinking that going with the safe answer would make the boy drop his idea.

Unsurprisingly, the opposite of she wanted was what happened. "I could really use some hugs right now." Yoongi's teeth chattered.

Sohee rolled her eyes though she was sure her cheeks were even redder than before. "You know, I can manage walking back alone. I bet your place is farther so you should get back home."

Yoongi shook his head. "I'm fine. I can still handle the coldness. Don't worry about me. Besides, we're near so I'm sure I can handle extra five minutes of the cold."

In no time, they reached Sohee's dorm building. Sohee felt a sense of deja vu, suddenly remembering what happened last week, her sudden outburst to Yoongi. Until now, she didn't know where she got the nerve to hurt Yoongi when that's what obviously the last thing she wanted.

Yoongi hurting was what pained Sohee the most.

"Alright, we're here." Yoongi's sweet voice pulled Sohee out of her thoughts. "Goodnight and sleep tight, Sohee."

"Thanks, Yoongi. Have a safe trip back home." Sohee forced a smile, clearly displeased that the two of them have to separate once again.

Yoongi gave her a gummy smile before turning around to proceed on his trip back to his apartment. He resisted the urge to look back just to look at Sohee's face a little bit longer. As if his prayers were answered, he heard the girl's soft voice calling out his name sweetly.

"Yoongi, wait."

He heard quick footsteps behind him as he turned around to face Sohee. Just as he opened his mouth to respond, Sohee was suddenly in front of him. She stood on her tiptoes then planted a kiss on Yoongi's cheek.

The male remained glued on the floor, processing what just had happened. Though, the it was just a quick peck, the feeling of her warm lips still lingered on his cheek. He was pretty sure that he was as red as a tomato.

"It's an act of gratitude, don't worry." Sohee smiled. "Goodnight, Yoongi."

Before he could respond, Sohee was already skipping towards inside the building, probably to shield herself from the cold. Yoongi never worried for Sohee to kiss him on the cheek. What worried him was that she said it was an act of gratitude. Somewhere, in Yoongi's mind, he wished it was something else, rather than an act of gratefulness.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It hurt.

The pain was three times worse than the one she had in the past week. Her head throbbed so hard as if she was continuously being hit by a hammer on the head. She curled herself up on her bed, hoping for the pain to fade away.

She thought the only solution for her not to feel any pain was to sleep through it but it seemed like the headache wasn't going to let her. She felt like as if it was torturing her. Her blurry vision didn't help either so she had no choice but to shut tight her eyes.

Tears began to fall uncontrollably from her eyes due to the unbearable pain she was experiencing. She wanted the pain to end because she felt like as if it was slowly consuming her whole body.

Yoongi.

She instantly tried to reach for her phone, feeling out her desk with a hand. Sohee let out a sigh of relief when she felt the device make contact with her palm. She grabbed it and managed to unlock her phone with her eyes still close. The pain was still there but she was slowly getting used to it though it still hurt.

Though everything was blurry to her, she managed to click Yoongi's contact. She wasted no time and immediately pressed the dial button even though she was completely aware that it was around three in the morning.

The phone began to ring indicating that Yoongi's phone was also ringing. Please pick up, please pick up. Please, please, it hurts.

Still trying to hold the pain, the phone stopped ringing then a voice spoke. With every strength Sohee had left, she picked up her phone and placed it against her ear.

Then everything went blank.

Yoongi calling out her name was the last thing she heard before the darkness fully consumed her whole mind, bringing her into a deep slumber.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━