18. Grumpy Grandpa

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yoongi was letting everything marinate for a minute in his brain. He tried to process the attitude of the girl towards him, and he couldn't decide yet if it was annoying or relieving.

The former, because she was acting as if they never had a history and as if they were strangers to each other. The latter, because then it would be easier for Yoongi to detach himself from his caring feelings towards the female.

The male deeply wished and hoped that he would fall under the second category and end his confusion. His train of confusing thoughts came into a abrupt stop upon feeling drops of liquid falling on his shoes.

He muttered a series of profanities under his breath, finding out that the glass had been overflowing with water because of leaving the dispenser unguarded and focused on his thoughts instead.

He sighed deeply before cleaning himself up and getting a new glass of water.

"Everything alright, sir?" The girl's voice reached Yoongi's ears, and oh boy, was he annoyed by the use of sir in Sohee's sentence.

"I'm fine." He flatly replied before standing up to dust of some dirt from his scrubs.

Sohee didn't reply, returning her attention back to the book in her hands, pretending that she never noticed the tone of annoyance hiding behind the male's reply.

The girl heard his footsteps approaching her but she never looked up. The boy cleared his throat, finally catching the attention of the girl.

Sohee gave him a bright smile. "Thanks!" She took a sip from her water.

"Do you need anything else?" Yoongi asked, fighting the urge to make it appear as if he was annoyed. He shouldn't show his vexation, or else the girl may find him suspicious, to which she already did because she overheard his conversation with Namjoon earlier. But there was no way she'd tell him that.

"I'm hungry. I want food." Sohee nonchantly said.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yoongi already expected this to happen so why was he so surprised? He thought that maybe it was because he never thought that Sohee would actually do it, act indifferent towards him. But why was his heart aching? He should be happy that the both of them were now trying to detach themselves.

The male yet again, rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time already. After grabbing the tray of food from the cafeteria and mumbling a thank you to the chef, he took the elevator, tapping his foot against the floor in impatience.

What greeted his face next wasn't what he expected. His jaw dropped almost on the floor but he instantly closed his mouth upon seeing the sight of his dear friend, Kim Namjoon, exchanging laughs with his beloved potential love life. It took every nerve of him not to explode right there.

"Yeah, Namjoon, I'm alright now. It was just a small slap on the cheek." Sohee waved her hand off sassily.

Yoongi almost cringed at the use of his first name by the girl.

"Oh, Yoongi, there you are." Namjoon noticed his presence and gave him a dimple smile. "Ah, yes, Sohee's breakfast. I almost forgot about it that's why I went here, but seemed like my patient here already memorized her schedule." His gaze went back to Sohee.

"Oh, no. It was my tummy." She chuckled sheepishly.

Namjoon let out a small laugh whilst Yoongi's gripped on the tray of food tightened. "Alright." Namjoon noticed Yoongi's stiff position and he almost bursted out laughing yet again but remained his composure. "Well, then, I have to go now, since Yoongi is now here to keep you company."

Sohee pouted, successfully looking disappointed that Namjoon was leaving and Yoongi staying to keep her company.

Once the male doctor has stepped out, Yoongi harshly placed the tray on the overbed table, making a loud thud sound, and causing the girl to flinch in surprise.

Sohee blinked. "Something wrong?"

The male blushed in embarrassment, then cleared his throat. "No. I just accidentally placed it a bit too loud." He said in an almost robotic voice. But they both knew that it wasn't an accident.

Yoongi knew now that he fell under the first category. He was annoyed. Meanwhile, Sohee was enjoying her time getting under his nerves. She even mentally smiled to herself upon seeing the veins of Yoongi's neck almost popping because of his irritation.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

One week.

Yes. That had been going for one whole week; Sohee constantly getting under the skin of Yoongi, who whilst was losing his patience already. But how he managed to keep everything in himself intact? No idea.

The boy never knew how he managed not to explode every time his friend, Namjoon, and Sohee conversed with each other and seemed more comfortable with each other than before. As if Yoongi was falling behind already.

But amongst the feelings of annoyance and jealousy, deep inside, Yoongi was starting to get even more scared. One week has passed which meant that Sohee's condition may have gotten worse in that span too.

Though Namjoon had been treating her already, and prescribing her medicines, Yoongi felt like as if she wasn't getting better. While Sohee, was feeling quite the opposite. She wasn't scared at all. Maybe it was because she was the one sick, and not the other way around.

Yes, Sohee still cared for Yoongi, though at some times it was saddening her because she seemed as if she wasn't making any progress with her plan of cracking Yoongi's walls.

Aside from the drowsiness that she was feeling when she was alone in her room that was continuously making her feel blue, it was the thought that maybe Yoongi wouldn't consider making things go back to the way it was before.

They were all losing time.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━