28. Yellow And Blue

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The kiss wasn't like in those typical romantic movies where they were rough and sloppy. Rather, it was soft and passionate. Their lips danced in sync and it made Sohee think that Yoongi's lips was made for her. They fitted so perfectly with each other that Sohee held on to Yoongi's arm whilst the latter began to cradle Sohee's cheek.

They pulled away when they felt the lost for oxygen. Yoongi pressed their foreheads together and opened his eyes to look at Sohee, whose eyes were still closed, still lost in the moment.

Yoongi leaned back but not far enough for their breaths not to mingle anymore. He gave Sohee a small smile once she opened her eyes. The girl's cheek was one again a hue of pink and slowly her grip on Yoongi's arm loosened and settled on his waist.

"Um, I never told you I like you too." Sohee said shyly.

"Well then go on, I'm waiting." Yoongi responded with a playful but gentle tone.

"I like you too, Yoongi." Sohee grinned. She liked how that sounded so right coming from her lips. Then playfully, she puckered her lips before continuing. "That's the cue for you to kiss me this time. I did it earlier so now you do it." She closed her eyes.

Yoongi let out a hearty chuckle, making him pull the female towards him closer. Then he pressed his lips on her lovingly then pulled away with a soft 'pop' sound.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to tell you my feelings." Yoongi mumbled. His eyes began to glisten, signifying that tears were about to form in his eyes. "I was so scared of telling you because of the fear of getting hurt. But I realized that the pain would be a million times worse if I never told you."

"I can tell." Sohee's hands began to play with Yoongi's blue hair.

"You knew?" Yoongi widened his eyes.

Sohee chuckled, her fingers still threading on his locks. "Of course, I did. It was so obvious. But I didn't confront you because I wanted you to tell me first."

Yoongi's cheeks suddenly felt hot. "Was I that obvious? Couldn't you think that maybe it was me being a good friend?"

Sohee shook her head. "I may be sick in the head but don't forget that I am a medical student." She gave him a smirk. "I am capable of thinking and functioning well, Yoongi."

Yoongi grinned at her, forgetting all of his problems at that moment. Sohee was his paradise and Yoongi was hers.

The whole morning, they spent their time cuddling in each other's arms whilst enjoying the delicacies Sohee bought. Yoongi, of course, took the time peppering his beloved with his gentle kisses, to which Sohee giggled and loved.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Namjoon's footsteps echoed through the hallway, the tension in the air thick and hot despite of the freezing season. With his jaw hardened, and his expression in a serious mode, his colleagues never bothered him.

It was surgery day.

In contrast to Namjoon's demeanor, Sohee was calm. Inside her small little space, she was busy being immersed in the book she had been reading for the past few days.

Of course, Yoongi was there, accompanying her, his demeanor stiff and hard. He had been looking back and forth from the door and his beloved. Time seemed to tick so slowly for the male.

"Aren't you worried?" Yoongi bit his bottom lip.

"Why should I be?" Sohee replied back with a question, her eyes still not leaving the small letters printed on the pages of her book. "I trust Namjoon, and the surgeon, Dr. Kim Seokjin. I don't think there is any reason to be worried when there are two trusted and great doctors who would conduct the surgery."

That comforted Yoongi a bit, but he was still uneasy. He began fiddling with his fingers and he was practically shaking not only because of the freezing weather but mostly because of his uneasiness and nervousness.

The door bursted open and Namjoon emerged from the shadows. Sohee and Yoongi looked up immediately, and the girl saw the doctor's adam's apple bob, indicating that he gulped.

"Everyone's ready, Sohee." He said expressionless.

"So am I." Sohee grinned then proceeded to close her book with a slightly loud thud. She carefully got out of bed with the assist of Yoongi.

All three went outside of the room and another hospital bed waited for her to lie down. A few nurses surrounded it, their faces filled with hope and encouragement and Sohee couldn't be more motivated than this.

With the help of her boyfriend and doctor, she lay down gently on the hospital bed, being careful of her head.

"I'm going to have to make you sleep, Sohee." Namjoon said gently. "It won't hurt."

Sohee nodded. When Namjoon was about to inject something on her, she raised her hand to stop for a moment then her gaze landed on Yoongi.

"Whether I come back alive or not, I want you to know that I love you."

Sohee didn't wait for his response nor his reaction. She immediately looked away and motioned Namjoon to continue. The girl closed her eyes as she swallowed and slowly, everything became blurry, the darkness slowly consuming her.

She swore she heard him saying something despite of her consciousness unstable.

"I love you too..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━