20. The Last Color

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nam Sohee, in a trance, immediately realized the question she blurted out, and unintentionally breaking her cover. She clasped her hand against her mouth with widened eyes as he stared back at the widened irises of the boy.

"You..." The male seemed to be finding the right words to say. "You...—Namjoon and I—you heard us talking?"

Sohee hesitated at first before slowly nodding, accepting the fact her cover was now blown. Her hand fell on her side then she let out a defeated sigh.

"I wanted to annoy you—not really but when I heard you were scared to lose me, I knew I had to do something. Something that would distract you from your fear." Sohee paused, her eyes now fixated on the floor in embarrassment. "I wanted you to come back to me when you realize that you can't stand it without me. But I guess...I guess I was wrong, you were starting to do fine, until I blurted out what I said."

"No." Yoongi said. The girl lifted her face to meet his glistening eyes.

She waited for him to continue and he did. "I also came to realize that...if I choose to never spend time with you anymore, I will regret it even more. Pushing you away and hurting you. Earlier Namjoon and I talked." Yoongi paused to smile. "He's such a good friend, you know. He told me that he saw how much you were a precious gem that needs to be protected. He made me realize that pushing you away won't be the answer."

He paused once again, then he boldly met Sohee's eyes, his gaze soft and gentle. "That never being able to tell you what I feel wouls hurt a thousand times more." Then he broke the contact whilst the girl wished he never did because his eyes were one of the most beautiful views she saw. He continued. "That's why when you called for me earlier, I planned to tell you everything. But I guess, you have figured it out on your own already." He let out a soft chuckle.

"No, I haven't." Sohee tilted her head in a teasing manner. "Tell me, Yoongi. Tell me what you feel and don't be afraid."

Yoongi tried his very best not to break down right in front of Sohee as he heard the way those words left her mouth ever so gently and he felt something so inexplicable in his insides.

He was itching to tell her. Despite of the short amount of time they have met, Yoongi knew that he had met the love of his life. The love of his life after his mother.

The very first person he cared about so deeply that he lost.

The boy never noticed that a tear escaped his eye. But the girl did and she instantly cupped his face in her petite hands, cradling his face so delicately.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi." Her voice came out in a broken whisper. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

Suddenly it wasn't so cold anymore. Even when the snow was continuously falling on their heads, Sohee still saw Yoongi's hair as blue as ever, the color never dying. Whilst to Yoongi, her brown hair was slowly turning to a lighter shade of color, as if symbolizing the last few months of her life.

Bodies molded together, they both radiated warmth for each other. Yoongi let out a puff of dragon breath before finally meeting Sohee's glistening irises.

"Do you know why I dyed my hair blue?" Yoongi asked out of the blue, a smile making its way to his lips, eyes sparkling because of his tears.

Sohee softly chuckled. "No, tell me, Yoongi. I want to know more about you. Tell me why a color so blue fits you so well. I want to know the story behind it." She caressed his cheek lovingly.

In a midst of the smile was a sad story.

"It was the last color my mother saw."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: This is like my first author's note lmfaoo. I'm too insecure so...hehe I'm just here, but quiet hehe. Yeah, this chapter is shorter than the others because there's a reason. I wanted it to end in a cliffhanger, because the next chapter will contain Yoongi's past.

Italicized letters means that it's still in the past. Once the italicized letters stop, it means we're back to the present.

That's all. Bye! :D

PS. Thanks for 259 reads! <3