34. Forbidden Secret

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Sohee..." Namjoon's words trailed off as he stared in disbelief at the girl, who's avoiding his gaze. "Are you sure you really want to keep this from him?"

Sohee fluttered her eyes close. "There was a fifty-fifty percent of the surgery being successful, and clearly, Namjoon, it's not the result that we wanted that came out." Her voice broke at the end. "We were able to remove the tumour, yes. But it grew again...it's coming back, Namjoon." She lifted her gaze to meet Namjoon's orbs.

The male felt an ache in his heart upon seeing the female's watery eyes.

"I'm so scared. The pain is killing me, I just..." She swallowed thickly. "I want peace. I want this all to stop."

"And I will do my best," Namjoon responds determinedly. "There is still another solution. Chemotherapy—"

"We both know damn well it would only slower the process, hence, more pain!" Sohee screeched, unaware of the sudden rage in her tone. When she realized this, she took a few deep breaths, calming herself down. "Namjoon, you don't have to tell him. Heck, you shouldn't even tell him. I don't want him to worry. I want to spend every bit of time left for me with him in happiness."

"What about him, Sohee?" The doctor asked suddenly, seriousness in his tone. "Once you leave, what happens to him? He will get hurt, Sohee. More hurt than before. The pain will be a million times worse for him."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Shortly, after Namjoon left, she locked herself in the bathroom, staring at her reflection in the mirror. It was evident that her condition and health was gradually worsening.

Her doctor's words lingered in her mind, creating a battle crisis within her. At that moment, Yoongi's happiness is what mattered to her the most. He wouldn't be certainly happy and will be constantly in pain if I continue to live in this world unhappily. She thought to herself.

She didn't say that she was unhappy with Yoongi. In fact, the only reason she was fighting and living was Yoongi. She wanted to live for Yoongi. Now that she thought deeper about it, what about her? Did she still want to live for herself?

Her mind was so confused that her head began to throb in pain again. Sohee clutched the edges of the sink to support her weight. Dizziness was all she felt but she was still conscious. A tear escaped her eye but it wasn't because of the pain of her head but because of she didn't know what to do anymore.

Nonetheless, she fought back through the pain, refusing to go under unconsciousness. She managed to twist the door knob open and unexpectedly, just as she was about to fall, two strong arms catch her immediately.

Through the blurry vision of the girl, she looked up to see a blurry bob.

Yoongi.

She smiled softly upon feeling that Yoongi, once again, rescued her.

"Sohee-ah!" He exclaimed, quickly placing her down on the bed. "Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?"

"I..." She stuttered, feeling her way with her hands until she placed them on Yoongi's shoulders. "It's blurry. Everything is blurry..."

"Stay here," he commanded but the female latched on his wrist before he could even stand up.

"No, don't leave me. Just stay here, Yoongi." She gently tugged him towards her. "I'll be fine in a few minutes. Just wait for it and it'll pass away. It happens a few times to me," she reassures him.

Fortunately, Yoongi was a bit convinced though he still couldn't help but worry. He was confused. Why was these all happening to her when she was supposed to be healing? Are these really side-effects just like Namjoon said? Why do I feel like something is wrong? He thought.

Just as predicted, the blurredness faded away and Sohee blinked her eyes a few times before settling her gaze on the worried man.

"See?" Sohee forced out a smile. "All gone now. I can see you again clearly, Yoongi." She caressed his cheeks and Yoongi instantly softened and melted to her touch, all worries flying out of the window.

The girl gasped softly when she felt coldness in her hand. It was wet. She scooted closer to Yoongi and took a glimpse of his face. Sohee only then realized that he was crying and it ached her heart more than anything.

She began to wipe his tears away. "Yoongi, why are you crying?"

Yoongi eagerly shook his head. "No, I'm not. Don't worry. Just something in my eye, I'm fine, really." He smiled at her.

Sohee decided to believe him even when she knew that he was crying for her. She did not respond through words but instead, closed the distance between them, pressing her lips softly against his soft ones.

Their lips danced in sync together, molding as if their lips were only made to be meant for each other. Though Sohee initiated the kiss, Yoongi took the lead, guiding her towards him. He gently placed a hand at the back of her head, cradling it, and carefully pulled her towards him, pressing his chest against her.

Sohee's hands began to play with his blue locks as she angled her head sidewards to deepen the already passionate kiss. By the time they pulled away, they were panting and gasping for air. They did not pull away completelt from each other, however, and remained in each other's arms.

Yoongi pressed his forehead against Sohee's with a soft smile ghosting on his swollen pink lips, resulted from the heated kiss.

Tucking a strand behind the girl's ear, he whispered the three special words lovingly repeatedly at her, a sign of his love, care, and admiration for the girl.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━