19. Stars On The Rooftop

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sohee didn't felt like doing anything funny that day. A part of it was because the weather was now colder than the past week. More snow were falling, painting everything its way white. The heater inside her room wasn't enough that she had to wear the thickest jacket she had.

She was feeling quite tired that time so she decided to just lay down in bed and read her book, while she waited for someone. The comfortable silence accompanied her as she hummed a few tunes while she read.

Despite that, she was still feeling quite down because of Yoongi. Her intention wasn't to drive him away at all, but to make Yoongi come back to her. No, not in that way yet. But because she felt that Yoongi was her first real friend.

By now, she was just staring at the page of the book, not reading anymore. Then her ears caught the sound of the door knob twisting. Her eyes slowly lifted to meet the hooded irises of the one and only, Min Yoongi.

That particular day seemed dark as well even though it was still early. From the time the sun was supposed to shine brightly to the time it started to set, it was dark.

The girl found herself staring at the male, who was standing still. A long thick coat accompanied his scrubs, probably feeling so cold by the weather as well. To her eyes, despite by the darkness slowly consuming the whole room, Yoongi's blue hair was oddly shining so bright, a light in a room. Her light in the room.

"You called for me?" Yoongi said in a gentle voice. As he spoke, he unintentionally let out a small puff of dragon breath.

Sohee nodded slowly, placing her book down on the bedside table. She pulled her jacket closer to her as she shifted her body into a sitting position, her feet slipping in her warm slippers.

"I want to go to the rooftop." Sohee remained her gaze at Yoongi's eyes, which did the same.

There was a brief silence before Yoongi responded. "But it's too cold outside."

"So? It's not like it's any of your concern to be honest." Sohee raised an eyebrow, unaware of the words that came out of her mouth.

Yoongi sighed. "I'm saying it as a nurse. As a nurse, I'm telling you that going to the rooftop in that condition isn't recommended, so I suggest you just remain here and perhaps read a book or two."

"It's getting boring. Take me at the rooftop, please." The female insisted, already standing up and leading her dextrose stand to the door.

Yoongi opened his mouth to protest but knowing how insistent the girl was, he decided to keep his mouth shut. Sohee walked past him then stopped to tell him something first, her back facing him.

"Remember what I told you before?" She paused. Yoongi tilted his head then the female continued. "Be right there when I feel like everything's falling apart? Well, if ever my knees go wobbly and I fall, I'm trusting you to catch me. You are, after all like you mentioned, a nurse."

Sohee gave Yoongi no time to process what she said since she immediately opened the door and went outside. The male followed instantly, trailing behind her. They both enter the elevator and Sohee pressed the highest floor of the building, the rooftop's location, Yoongi's so-called safe place.

"Do you come up here too?" The girl broke the silence. Yoongi failed to keep his cold demeanor upon seeing the fragile state of the female.

"Yeah." He swallowed. "I do at times."

"Is it alright for you if we share the same secret place?" Sohee smiled softly.

He breathed out. "Yes. It's fine." Of course.

The elevator dinged and they opened. The two went out, already feeling the chilly sensation of the weather.

Yoongi now lead the way, opening the door to the rooftop and both of them went out, exposing theirselves to the cold.

The sky was now a shade of dark blue, indicating that it was past dusk already. Stars began to come out, twinkling brightly together with the moon. The female enjoyed the view as well as occasionally staring at Yoongi, who was also looking up at the sky. That very moment reminded her alot of the day it first snowed that year.

That day was their first time spending the first snow ever; Sohee couldn't prevent herself from cracking a smile.

Then her expression turned serious, her gaze now fixated on Yoongi.

"Yoongi." She gently called out to him. He whirled around so quickly to face her.

"So we're back on first name term basis now?" The male asked, his lips curving upwards slightly.

"I now know why you act differently." The girl stated.

The bright expression from the boy slowly turned serious as well. He gulped, feeling his Adam's apple bob up and down.

"Why are you scared, Yoongi?"

Silence.

"Why are you afraid to lose me?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━