25. Warm And Cold

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tap, tap, tap.

It continued to tap. Droplets of snow painting the windows of the dimly lit room. The sound of the heater filled the silence along with the flipping of pages of a book that Sohee was holding.

She was comfortably lying in bed facing forward, reading the book and softly hummed soft tunes as she does usually.

The door of her room creaked open followed by footsteps. She looked up to see Namjoon, a small dimple smile painted across his face.

"Sohee." He greeted her.

"Hey, doc." The girl grinned cheekily.

"How are you feeling so far?" He asked whilst he made his way towards the bed. Sohee suddenly noticed the pack of liquid in his hand and she knew that he would replace the dextrose.

She sighed and leaned back, bookmarking and closing her book in the process. "Drowsy these days to be honest."

Namjoon gave her a painful look. "Your tumor..." He hesitated but Sohee urged him to continue. "Your tumor is on stage two, Sohee."

Sohee blinked.

Namjoon mentally cursed himself. Sohee probably read his mind because she spoke. "Namjoon, it's okay. You really look uneasy and you don't have to be." She smiled before sitting at the edge of the bed despite of her feeling tired. "I know you're doing your best. So." She clasped her hands together. "What should we do then?"

The male could see hope in her eyes and suddenly he felt the guilt crawling through his skin, making its way to his heart. He could see that the girl was hoping, false hoping maybe, but he refused to think of the latter. He could clearly see that she doesn't want to give up just yet and accept the fate of her death.

Neither did he, really. But there was this feeling in his chest and he couldn't decipher it. Maybe it was because of the fact that Sohee was someone that his friend, Yoongi, deeply cares for.

Namjoon could imagine how hurt his friend would be once...

He shook his head. You're a fucking doctor, Namjoon. Pull yourself together and stop feeding yourself with negative thoughts.

He cleared his throat. "Surgery." He instantly said. "We'll need to remove the tumor."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Are you sure about this, Sohee? Will you handle the pain?" Yoongi squeezed her hand affectionately, concern and worry written all over his face.

"Yes, I am." She breathed. "My parents have the money. Even though we aren't in good terms, I'm still their daughter. They'll undoubtedly pay the bills."

She looked at Yoongi, who has a hardened expression. "Stop looking at me like that."

"What?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

"Stop looking at me as if I'm dying." Sohee rolled her eyes, retracting her hand from Yoongi's grip. The warmth was instantly replaced with coldness.

The male slightly flinched at her words. He couldn't deal with the d word right now. Bringing it up was just going to make things even more harder for Yoongi.

"I'm not." He retorted. "It's just that I'm worried that you're pushing yourself too much."

"I've been stuck in my bed for a month already, the dextrose stuck up in my ass, and it's getting quite annoying." Sohee stood up from the bed and made her way to the window, looking outside.

"Besides, Namjoon was the one who brought it up. He's a doctor so I know what he's doing, so there's nothing to worry about." She began to draw on the moisted window with her finger, doodling cute shapes and figures.

With her back facing Yoongi, he took the chance and time to adore her. Yoongi knew they were losing time. All of them were. It didn't help with the fact that he's battling with two thoughts in his mind.

Whether to admit his feeling to her or not.

Yoongi never felt romantically in love, that's for sure. He had no idea what was the feeling and the moment Sohee stepped foot into his life, he was just a confused mess.

He kept on thinking; if he confesses, the pain would be even more to bear and endure. He remembered how lost and pained he was when his mother let out her last breath. It was truly painful for him.

However, if he doesn't confess, regret may come and consume his whole being. Time is gold and he sure does want to spend most of the time with the girl, but negative thoughts were holding him back, literally eating him alive.

"Are you okay?"

The voice suddenly resonated through his ears, his unpleasing thoughts slowly dissipating as if the voice and the owner of the voice was the cure.

"You're clenching your fists really hard right now." The girl pointed at his hands at the sides which were indeed fisted so hard and Yoongi suddenly felt tha pain and flinched.

"Ow..." He rubbed his hands. "That really hurt."

Sohee grinned sheepishly, now approaching Yoongi. Coldness was again replaced to warmth. The boy could feel the intense warmth radiating from Sohee's small body to him and he suddenly had the urge to wrap his arms around her.

"Your hands are really red." She held his hands in hers and Yoongi's cheeks began to grow warm in embarrassment.

Oh boy the little things she could do to me. He thought to himself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━