He looked back at her, realizing his hand was on her still. He pulled it away quickly and awkwardly before nodding. Everyone was silent as they waited to see what would happen. Harry finally lost the dragon by the castle and flew back to the stadium. When he appeared in their view, everyone began screaming with cheers, excited that he had made it. They also hoped he wouldn't bring the dragon back with him.

When they returned to the castle, Cedric immediately found Val. He pulled into a hug from behind, startling her. She turned around quickly, giggling when she saw it was him. He grinned at her. "Cedric! You did wonderfully!"

"Thanks. I couldn't have done it without you cheering me on in the stands, though. I heard you the whole time, you know." He told her. She just shook her head at him as she pulled him in for a proper hug. Draco walked past them quickly, not wanting to see it. It hurt too badly. He wished he could just get over her, but Lolita telling him over and over that she does have feelings for him prevented him from doing so.

"Oh, hush. You're a magnificent wizard, that's how." She told him. They stared at each other for a moment, the perfect time for a kiss preventing itself. Val could feel him leaning in, and she quickly tore herself away from him. "What's the clue?"

He followed after her, knowing she was avoiding kissing him. "I don't know. I can't open it without it screeching at me."

"Well, could you open it under water?" She suggested nonchalantly.

"You're brilliant, you are!" He exclaimed. "I've got to run!" She was surprised when he kissed her on the cheek suddenly, leaving her standing there with a red face as he ran off. Well, she just hoped it worked for him.

Later on, she joined Hermione, Ron, and Harry for lunch. Ron received a package from his mum. He opened it up, pulling out the dress robes. "Mum sent me a dress!"

"It matches your eyes." Harry joked. "Is there a bonnet?" He pulled out more of the outfit, holding it up to his chest. "Ah ha!"

"Ginny, these must be for you." Ron told her.

"I'm not wearing that." She shook her head. "It's ghastly."

Hermione, Val, and Harry laughed then. "What are you on about?"

"They're not for Ginny." Hermione giggled at his cluelessness. "They're for you. Dress robes."

"Dress robes? For what?" He furrowed his eyebrows together.

The lot of them sat in Transfiguration class the next day, where McGonagall explained what Ron was going to need the dress robes for. It was unusual as they sat on provided benches while Filch set up a Phonograph. "The Yule Ball has been an ongoing tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost, a dance." The girls were excited while the boys groaned. Val and Hermione were quiet. "Silence! Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight!" McGonagall herself seemed pretty excited about this. "Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley."

"Yes?" He mumbled out as she walked over to him.

"Will you join me, please?" She offered out her hand. He swallowed hard as he reluctantly followed her out onto the floor. Harry gave him a push as he watched amusedly. "Now, place your right hand on my waist."

"Where?!"

"My waist." She repeated, and Fred whistled as he did. She was clearly embarrassing him for talking while she was. She also just enjoyed picking on him because she knew the Weasley boy well. "And extend your arm. Mr. Filch, if you please."