"Kukuku, too bad," Mouryoumaru said. "You missed."

"Stand back!" Miroku said, placing himself in front of the girls. He unwrapped his wind tunnel. He thrust his hand out to suck up his enemy. "Kazaana!" Mouryoumaru opened his mouth and a swarm of saimyōshō flew out.

"Saimyōshō!" Sango said.

"Miroku-sama, close your kazaana!" Kagome said urgently. But it was too late, one of the insects was already entering Miroku's hand.

"Ugh!" he groaned, wincing. He resealed his hand. "!" He was startled when Mouryoumaru shot his arm at him.

"Houshi-sama!" Sango yelled. She thew herself between him and Mouryoumaru, blocking the attack with hiraikotsu. They were both thrown back from the force of the attack.

"!" Inuyasha and Shippo said.

"Miroku-sama, Sango-chan!" Kagome said, running over to them as they hit the ground.

"..." Mouryoumaru withdrew his arm, then shot it out again at Kagome.

"!" Kagome gasped in alarm.

"Ugh!" Inuyasha gritted his teeth and lunged to his feet with Tessaiga in hand.

"Inuyasha!" Shippo said. Kagome squeezed her eyes shut, bracing herself for the attack. But it never came. She opened her eyes and saw that Inuyasha had launched himself into the air and stabbed the end of one of the tendrils making up Mouryoumaru's arm with Tessaiga.

"Ah..." Kagome said, shocked.

"I... Inuyasha," Miroku said.

'The idiot... came out,' Kagura thought.

"Heh. Inuyasha... huh," Mouryoumaru said. He slammed his claw and Inuyasha into the ground.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled.

"S... Stay away Kagome!" Inuyasha said.

"How powerless..." Mouryoumaru said. "So this is your other form, huh, Inuyasha... I shall savor it. Your pathetic death throws..."

"Ugh," Inuyasha groaned.

"Oh no! He'll be killed before the night ends!" Shippo said, hopping on Kagome's shoulder. A huge ball of light shot from behind Kagome and Shippo to hit Mouryoumaru's arm.

"!" Mouryoumaru gasped.

"Ah...!?" Kagome said.

"!?" Miroku and Sango said. They all looked in the direction the attack came from and saw Sesshoumaru standing there with Tokijin drawn. Katsumi and Jaken were with him.

"!" Kagura said. 'Sesshoumaru...'

"Inuyasha..." Kagome said, kneeling next to him.

"Sesshoumaru..." Inuyasha said. To think he would be saved by him... 'That Jerk... what is he here for...'

"There's no mistaking it, Sesshoumaru-sama," Jaken said, holding the crystal youki. "That youkai has no youki."

'Naraku's heart, huh?' Katsumi thought, furrowing her brow.

"..." Sesshoumaru said.

"..." Mouryoumaru stared at them with a furrowed brow as his wounded arm healed itself. "Kagura... who's that guy?"

"He's Sesshoumaru... Inuyasha's elder brother," Kagura answered. 'Sesshoumaru... Why are you here.' She saw the faded crystal in Jaken's hand. "!" she said. 'The crystal of youki is...'

"Inuyasha... that's a crystal of youki," Kagome said.

"..." Inuyasha wondered how Sesshoumaru obtained it.