Chapter43~Pre-wedding~

Start from the beginning

"I did not believe it" He said calmly.

"Liar" She accused him.

"Exclamation marks seriously you're more of a full stop girl and you've a handwriting of a fifth grader. That was almost calligraphy." He muttered and she squinted her eyes.

"If it wasn't a serious situation I would have thought you're roasting me."

"Well I'm not I'm just saying I did not believe that" He answered truthfully.

"Fine I believe you or dead groom on the wedding day wouldn't have made a great headline." She shot back and he chuckled.

He glanced at her from head to toe, her torned dress and it was dirt all over her hands.

"What happened to you?"

"Maira pissed on my six months salary." She snapped spiteful and looked at her dress.

"What Maira? I did not see her thought she didn't come." He said confused and she laughed. Sarcastically.

"Apparently she's a psychopath and locked me in the store room. Also left the calligraphic note." She explained with a sarcastic smile.

He pinched the bridge of the nose. He turned red in anger.

"Did she hurt you?" His voice soft and she met his eyes.

"Physically no mentally yes." She sighed and covered her eyes with her fingers.

He removed her hands slowly from her face and rested his forehead on her's.

"I'm sorry" He whispered.

"It's not your fault" She kept her hand on his which was on her face.

"It is I should have known I should have been careful. I knew it she would try something to harm you." He fisted his palm.

"I mean I invited her" She shrugged.

He wanted to shred Maira in pieces but Nandini was his priority now.

"How did you come out?"

"Found this window behind the broken closet, broke the glass, injured and ruined my dress. Got out. Found you cancelling the wedding. The end."

"I wasn't canceling." He gaped at her.

"Shore you weren't!" She rolled her eyes.

"The thing is you're okay" He beamed but her mouth turned into a sad smile.

"But my dress was expensive and it was soo pretty" She grimaced.

"I'll buy you a new one" He whispered a tear fell down from her eye.

It was hurt plain hurt and he could sense it. She was trying too hard to pull it together. But he wanted to let her know that he's there to pick her broken pieces.

It was supposed to be their day but fate had other plans.

"Shh come here" He pulled her closer and she broke down.

She fisted his blazer in her hands and sobbed. The girl with the hard exterior is only vulnerable with him.

"I'm sorry I'm so sorry" She apologised again and again.

"It's not your fault." He stroked her hair and she slowly broke the hug.

"She--she wasn't wrong." She looked down and wiped her tears.

"What? What did she say?" His eyes blazed.

"Everything that I didn't know"

"What are you talking about?" Now he was confused.