SIX

Ezekiel's POV
The sun was hitting me a little too hard today and it was bright as well something that doesn't happen often, at least not in my room. I sluggishly moved my body to face away from the sun and when I opened my eyes just a little... I noticed I was alone in bed and that's when the ugly reality hit me in the face and my heart could have sunk just thinking about it.

"Breakfast is downstairs in the kitchen, I figured you wouldn't want to sit alone on the table" I heard Immy's voice while she rummaged through the drawers looking for God knows what.

"And you? Where are you going?" I asked sitting up on the bed using my elbows for support.

"I have to be somewhere right now and yes I'll be careful I promise" she said flashing a smile at me then came and sat next to me but on the edge of the bed.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to leave the house...you know, after what happened with Aiden...if anything happened to you he would kill me" and that's when she chuckled and caressed my cheek.

"He won't...and he'll still have you anyways so I'm not worried at all but I'll be back as soon as possible" and the she stood up and walked out and softly closed the door. I just sat there listening to the silence and that's when I brought my knees to my chest and hugged myself and since Immy wasn't around to see how much of a baby I'm being, I just burst into tears. They just started flowing down my face uncontrollably and I didn't even want to stop myself.

After a good sob and a long bath, I finally came down to eat my now cold breakfast. It was the usual,  pancakes and bacon and then I realized I even hated this now. I want something different for breakfast...no I want Aiden. I walked to get my phone in the bedroom. I checked on the table and threw the sheets off the bed and it was nowhere to be found. I hurried down stairs and looked around and then finally found it in the living room. Through the night? one thing I know I never do but I ignored it and I picked it up to place the phone call.

"Do you have some good news for me?" I asked the person on the other line.

"Nothing yet boss" he replied

"Ok come over as quickly as possible" and then I hang up.

_____*____*____*_____*_____*____*____*____*____*_____*_____*_____*____*____

After a long while of sitting in silence and thinking quite a lot but coming down to completely no conclusion I heard the door bell. I cocked my gun and walked to the door and opened up. It was tony so I put the gun away.

"You're usually quicker than this" I said to him as I walked away so he can show himself in.

"There was a lot of traffic and I didn't use my bike today." He explained.

I sat down and put the gun next to me and he also sat down.
"So what's the final verdict" he said and I sighed and then said

"I don't think we have much of a choice" and he looked at me in confusion.

"But boss we've never worked with the white walls in fact, we've always resisted and even when it was only the white walls as our last option, we would chill out boss..why now after so long and right when we are just getting back into this kind of business ?" He said sounding frustrated and I understand him since I feel the same way but I have nothing to do about it.

"I know but...if I don't do this then Aiden will die" I said looking at the floor just thinking of it and feeling a little defeated.

"Who is he to you anyways that you have to risk everything to the point of working with the white walls" he asked.

"Don't ask questions just..." and he interrupted me saying

"Boss come on...is he even worth it" and that's when I snapped and picked my gun up and pointed it at him and narrowed my eyes at him then he raised his hands in surrender.