018. SUNSHINE AND GOLDIE

Začít od začátku

"Romantic? You guys should see the songs he's written about—"

"Alright!" Luke interrupts eyes narrowed at Reggie. "That's enough, stop talking,"

"No no, do tell," I tease, pulling away from his grasp but Luke shakes his head. Hand grabbing hold of my wrist, mindful of my still wet polish, he moved me back to sit beside him.

"You didn't tell her?" Alex asks, a smirk on his lips before he let out a wholehearted laugh. "Indie, you're his muse," He snickers. Putting down the bottle of nail polish, Alex poofs away but returns a few seconds after. Appearing directly in front of me, he holds Luke's song journal that I've grown familiar with consider he was constantly scribbling down lyrics in it.

"Alex," Luke warns, looking between me and the journal. "Go away,"

"Or what? You'll kill me? Too late for that," Alex snorts. Clicking his tongue in response, Luke stares down to ground with his jaw clenched. Rolling his eyes, Alex holds out the notebook to me, a cheeky expression on his features. "Last I checked there was, like, three in there about you. Might be more, Reggie and I haven't snooped in a few days,"

"Snoop? How often do you guys go through my stuff?" Luke inquires.

"When we're bored," Reggie says nonchalantly causing him to let out a groan.

Taking the book from Alex, I place it down in my lap. "Thanks," I add and he seems to take it as his queue to go back to his place so he did. Alex passed by Reggie, kicking his foot so his attention was brought away from us while Julie merely smiled and went back to her nails. Turning to Luke, who had his hands covering his face from embarrassment, I softly nudged our shoulders together. "Hey,"

"Hm?" He hums back quietly, barely lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"I'm not gonna read these," Placing the songbook on his lap, Luke straightened up. Raising a brow, he looked curiously at me. "You don't want me to read them. And that's fine, I'll wait until you want to show me on your own terms," I explain quietly.

He paused, not saying anything for a moment and just stared at me. Shifting under his gaze, I go to stand up and head back to Julie and Alex but get pulled back short.

Luke didn't say anything as he stood, dragging me in front of him, one of his hands landed on the small of my back to lead me toward the door. Giving him a curious glance, I decide against asking and give the three watching a shrug indicating I didn't know why we were making an abrupt exit either.

"I'm gonna show you but I don't want them around to add fuel to the comments," Luke says once we were out of the garage. His eyes had flickered to me, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips while I nod.

"Where we going then Lukey?" I watch as his smile falls into a cringe, the use of the nickname he oh-so-hates caused me to laugh.

"To the roof, harmony," Luke replies. It was my turn to cringe, my nose scrunching up with distaste while he held a cheeky expression.

"You said you'd stop making fun of me for the song," I huff but Luke lightly tugs at the hem of my shirt to make me stop walking. With one hand holding the songbook, the other trailed down to my hip.

"Hey, I find it cute. We're each other's harmonies," Luke tells me but I shake my head. Leaning against him with a small sigh, I could feel Luke's chest vibrate as he let out a laugh.

"It's a terrible nickname," I mumble.

"So is Lukey," He shoots back. Lifting my head up, I stick my tongue out childishly. "Alright, no more harmony. But I still need to find a nickname for you. You don't like doll—"