Time to go

The time had come. Itachi had finally made up his mind. It was time to leave.He wasn't going to make a big spectacle of it either. He had asked Whitebeard in private and the man had only chuckled and gave Itachi his blessing.

"I'm sad to see you go Itachi, but I won't hold you back either. I can't deny that a restless soul is not a happy one, so go out there and find your way. You are a commander, use my name if you must, although I have a feeling you won't need to at all. I know you aren't one for massive spectacles so I'll have the commanders see you off. You are my son whether you acknowledge it or not, so... take care."

Itachi just bowed and gave him a trademark smile, only this one was filled with genuine happiness.
"

Thanks for everything. Really. If you ever need me, I don't mind coming back to you in any situation, Father." He turned on his heel and walked out.

It was night and the deck was quite. The commanders were gathered around the port side railing, close to Itachi's favorite spot. A small boat had been lowered to the water, waiting for its passenger to arrive. Itachi walked up to the railing, patting backs and shaking hands as he passed. He had a large scroll strapped to his back, carrying a large quantity of food, water, and other necessities inside it.

Marco, Thatch, Izo, and Ace stood next to the railing, waiting silently. He nodded to Marco, accepted a solid clap to the shoulders from Thatch, and bowed to Izo. He stopped in front of Ace, who had tilted his hat so that it barely covered his face. Itachi could tell that he was barely holding back tears.

He placed his hand on top of the hat, gently taking it off before pressing his forehead against Ace's, forcing Ace to look into his eyes. The tears were there, threatening to fall.

"I never took you for a crybaby Ace, especially after all of the stories you told me of your cute little brother. I remember quite vividly how often you called him a crybaby."

Ace gave a weak chuckle shaking his head lightly.

"Now is not the time to cry. You said it yourself more than a year ago. That to live you have to explore. I have to find my purpose, my reason to live. Sadly, I can't do that here no matter how nice it would be if I stayed. I enjoyed my time with the Whitebeard Pirates and I am forever grateful for Whitebeard letting me join this family. I've truly come to enjoy your presence. You're like a little brother to me, and I wouldn't trade our time together for anything in the world, just like my time with Sasuke. It's time for me to go out and find myself just like you did when you were 17."

Itachi smiled, pulled Ace into a hug and Ace's tears started to fall down on his face. "Don't worry. We'll meet again."

Turning away, he hopped up onto the rail and turned around to look at his family and said,"I'll make you guys proud." With one last smile, he stepped back and dropped to the vessel waiting down below.