Knock them dead

You both dressed, smiling at one another as you zipped up zippers and buttoned buttons. You were both nervous, you could really only assume you were going to stand out like sore thumbs. You had talked to Hermione about the outfits, she said she was going all out this year. Explaining her dress to you. Her and Ron desperately needed an excuse to just let loose. So did Harry and Ginny. With Harry being the best selling author, they were constantly on the move. She said she desperately just needed a day with her husband. You consider yourself lucky, you had Draco all to yourself for a whole year. A year tonight, as fate will have it.

"You realize what today is right?" Draco asked, digging through his personal bag.

"I do." you had thought about it before, but you didn't know for sure if bringing it up was the best idea since he was already so nervous.

"Happy Anniversary" he held a box out to you suddenly. Where had he hidden that? No longer he wanted to carry the bags. It was long and thin in a deep blue velvet.

"Draco I didn't get you anything.." you looked at the box in his hand.

"You saved my life. I think that counts a million year over" he shook the box at you "Take it"

You reached out, your fingers holding the box softly. You smiled at him, then back down at the box. Clicking it open you say it, it was a diamond necklace. But not any diamond.A smokey gray one, hanging on a small gold chain.

"Draco, I can't..." you couldn't breathe.

"Well it's too late, I already bought it. Are you going to refuse a gift?" He raised an eyebrow at you. You knew better, that would be rude.

"Here," he pulled it from the box with his long fingers. He leaned over and clasped it around your neck, it hung perfectly in between your collarbones.

"Draco its... Perfect" words were avoiding you. You wished you could explain how you felt, but nothing was coming to your brain.

"You're perfect, look" he pointed to the mirror hanging on the door. You looked at yourself there, standing tall in your elegant gown, off the shoulders (of course), tight to your frame, with a long slit in the side that hung just below your hip of the skirt, which flowed around you like fog. Your mask, green and snake-like with scales down the front stood on a wand-like handle, so you didn't mess up your hair. Draco stood beside you, in a perfect black suit. Something he looked as dashing as ever in, with a deep green tie, mocking his childhood Slytherin one. Were you both too obviously Slytherin, all these years later?

You chuckled, a sudden feeling of panic waved over you. What if The Golden Trio had been lying to you this whole time? You'd show up in these elegant outfits and look like fools. You swallowed hard.

"You okay?' Draco asked, seeing the worry spread across your face.

"I am, sorry I just wondered I am going to walk around all night in these shoes" You heels stood tall, deep green to match Draco's tie.

"Well if you need me to carry you home, I will" he kissed your shoulder. "We should get going. We don't want to be too late" Wait, were you already late? You checked the clock, it will start in 15 minutes. Damn. You made your way to the window, checking for your bag you caught a glimpse of Neville, Luna, and Cho getting into a carriage, all clad in extremely formal attire. Luna in a stunning deep blue dress with stars on the skirt that glittered with a stunning almost crow-like mask, Cho wore red, a very ballgown look with a large skirt with a shining gold mask. And Neville wore a suite, light gray. With a red Gryffindor tie, holding a large lion mask. Well, at least you weren't overdressed. Thank goodness. You shook your head, your hair was pinned tight, but a few free rang curls tickled your neck. You touched the pendent that hung around your neck. You were trying your best to prepare yourself for the night.

"We will knock them dead" Draco was standing behind you, whispering into your neck. You almost wanted to just take all this off, and crawl back onto the bed with him. Where nothing bad could happen. But you knew you couldn't, you had been invited. Harry Potter and the whole gang was expecting you.

"Let's go" you turned to Draco, who was pulling his mask onto his face, it was your choice. An exact replica of the Phantom of the Opera Mascaraed mask. Of course, he didn't understand why you wanted that one so badly. And you never planned to tell him. You had never really had a chance to go to the Yule ball while in school,. And you'd waited until that year to go, which was a mistake on your part. So that teenage girl inside you was so excited for the night, not only that but you were going with The Slytherin prince. If you told your 16-year-old self that, she never would have believed you.

"Okay" you nodded "let's go".