Once and for all

"Please come with me" He asked as he prepared his things to apparate to Hogwarts.

"What do you want me to do the entire time you're in class? Wander the halls?" You couldn't help but smile at him, you could sense the nervousness just rolling off of him.

"No I mean... maybe you can see Hagrid or something. I just really don't want to go there without you"

Draco all and all didn't have a hard time convincing yoh to go with him, you figured being there would be a lot more entertaining than being stuck at home alone during the day. Maybe you could practice broom flying or even just chat with some of the teachers.

There was only one place Mcgonagal would allow you to apparate into, somewhere where students couldn't find the hole and people on the outside couldn't figure it out.

The room of requirement. Draco flinched as you told him where you'd be landing. You knew all too well what had happened there not just the fire but the hours he spent alone trying hard to fix that damn cabinet. The long lonely nights and even some days he would spend there. He was surprised to hear it seemed considering the last time he was in there the room made gone up in flames thanks to Goyle lighting a fire charm he was nowhere near strong enough to handle. The same fire that ended up taking his life that day at the battle.

"It's weird being here" Draco spoke as you popped into the room. His bag close to him and your hand in his chest.

"I can imagine... I haven't been here since that army Harry gathered together" you scoffed at the memory. The sights of blue animals scampering around and flowing through the air. Your own patronus was easier to make at the time. Even though your father had just gotten sick around that year you found yourself able to pull a memory from deep inside of you. People stood in awe as your wand pushed out something so large it seemed to fill the room with its light, a massive wyvern-type dragon filled the ceiling.

"Smaug? Really?" You recall Mellisa laughing beside you, her own patronus being a small duck.

"I am just happy it wasn't a Uruk-hai" you laughed back, the light show monster moving around before disappearing.

You hadn't had much of a reason to use it sense, though sometimes you considered casting it just to see if you could see the magnificent beast again.

"You were in the army?" Draco laughed at you, pulling you from your memories.

"I was" you laughed, "though this version of the room seems so different"

"This is the one I saw. When I could come here. Though nearly everything it seems was destroyed" Draco had explained to you a few times the place her would pace in when he was here, books and furniture stacked high alone with random strange artifacts. You watched him as he skimmed the room, it was far less stuffed than he had once described it, though it was still plenty full. Mostly of things it seemed had survived.

"We should go, you'll be late for potions" you and Draco walked out in the halls, this floor it seemed still stayed relatively empty so no one saw you coming out.

"Where should I look for you?" He asked as you walked the halls, seeing as it was the first day of the new term most students were filed into classrooms already, fearing being late.

"I will be in the grand hall, I have written to Hagrid and he said he doesn't have class until this afternoon so I could eat breakfast with him and then him and I will catch up."

"Okay" he nodded

"Don't worry Draco, you're brilliant. I wager you won't even have to come to all the classes because you'll remember more than you think" You leaned in and kissed him softly, watching him as he nodded and walked into the classroom. You hoped that all of that was true, because although you had to admit you liked being here, you would much rather be finally going about a normal married life back at home.