Flame

Peter was angry.

No, not angry.

Furious.

You'd ask, why would such a sweet kid like Peter Parker be angry, let alone furious?

He had a perfect life, with a wonderful family, kind friends, and abilities considered supernatural.

Maybe it had to do with all those villains roaming around causing havoc. Maybe it had to do with a certain hypocritical American soldier, who looked down upon him and thought less of him for only being a teen. Maybe it had to do with the team doing the same, never taking him seriously.

Or maybe it had to do with the bullying he had to endure nearly all his life. Being called weak, being pushed and beaten to the ground, insulted, threatened.

Maybe because he was raped by none other than Skip Westcott.

Or maybe it had to do with his uncle being murdered, one of the only people he considered a parental figure.

Or maybe it had to do with his parents being killed when he was only a mere child, leaving him defenseless to the world.

Maybe that's when his anger started. His flame. It had only started as a flicker, just a mere spark.

It had grown over time, bigger and bigger, as more of the drastic events piled up.

He was bound to snap sooner or later. And that moment came, middle of a fight with a villain.

The Avengers had been reported about an attack on one of the Stark towers and were needed immediately. Apparently the villains had gotten their hands on some strange high tech, blowing up things on their path just to get to what they wanted.

The team had told Peter to stay behind, saying it was too dangerous for him.

Peter had refused to do so, the group getting into an argument.

In the end he had won it, seeing as he now swung from building to building towards the attack.

The team- plus Peter- arrived, and confronted the head of the group.

The villain- who went by the name Guillermo- started ranting, making a unnecessarily dramatic speech. He was bulky, very muscular, and had a long scar running down his face and a beard to top it off.

They all rolled their eyes, having heard it a million times before, but not until the villain got to a certain part.

The few sentences said had ticked Peter off.

He let that flame grow and fuel him.

"You will never know what it's like to suffer! The abuse life gives you! You bask in riches and look down upon the weak! You've never gone through the trauma of loss and desperation!" Guillermo lifted a hand to his forehead dramatically, obviously making light of what he said.

And Peter was pissed off. One moment he was holding one of the goons by the collar, next they were knocked out cold and he was on top of Guillermo, beating the living daylights out of him.

He normally had a cool head in situations like these, joking around and throwing witty remarks, but that wasn't the case this time.

He had finally snapped, his body moving as if it had a mind of its own. Not that he minded.

"I lost. So. Much. And you dare, you dare to make light of it." Peter growled, sending Guillermo across the air and crashing against the wall. "I lost nearly all of my family. I lived in near poverty my whole life. I barely even had anyone to lean on. I was fucking raped. As a child. And you laugh at that?!"

The villain scrambled backwards, trying to obviously get away from the furious hero. He lifted the gun in his hand and shot twice.

Peter dodged the first, the second merely grazing his cheek. He growled.

The Avengers just watched, astonished by the pure amount of power and anger that the teen had.

The man tried to shoot again, but was out of ammo, so instead, he opted to throw a dagger, which Peter easily caught, even though the sharp edge cut through the tender skin on his hand. He paid it no attention and threw it to the side.

Once he was near enough, he lifted the man up by the collar, pushing him roughly against the wall, and snarled.

Guillermo felt pure fear. He could feel the pure anger radiating off of the masked hero, making him recoils under it.

Peter, without even blinking twice, slammed the man against the ground headfirst, knocking him effectively unconscious. He stared down at them unconscious man, smirking in satisfaction. He then turned to the rest of the villains and asked, "anyone else want to fucking go?"

The looks of pure dread upon all their faces said it all as they threw themselves down, hands raised in surrender.

"That's what I thought." Peter spat, then turned to the team. "Still think I'm weak?" He all but snarled.

He was met with frantic shakes of their heads.

Peter brushed his hand off on his leg. "I'll see you tomorrow." He said and shot a web, swinging home to his aunt.

To say that the team was astounded was an understatement. They were downright terrified. What happened to him in the past that he had so much anger in him?

They learned to never underestimate him again.

Back at Peter.

He was tired. But not physically. Mentally. What had gone down exhausted him. His burning flame had gone down after he finally let out most of his pent up anger.

But he felt better.

He hoped at least, that the Avengers finally started treating him as an equal.