-113-

'I knew you'd come.' Yuxin wrapped her arms around Y/N as they walked into the room. Kun organised the last trainees into groups and when everyone was settled, practice began. ShanShan soon realised she was missing a team member. 'Sorry, I went to the wrong classroom.' Y/N's breath stopped in her throat when she heard the voice. 'Jade. You're here finally.' Xinyu stood up to greet the younger girl. 

Y/N mustered a smile and stood up to the lyrics and position details from the staff members. She sat back down around her team members and let everyone look through them. 'Okay who should be the leader?' Y/N asked. Her team members looked around at each other. 'I nominate Qi Sui.' Y/N said catching her off guard. 'I agree.' Yuxin spoke up as the others also nodded. 'Done. Now centre.' 

'Yuxin!'

'Y/N!'

Meinan and Yixuan both said making Y/N shake her head. 'I don't want the centre position.' She said quietly making everyone look at her. 'You never tried for the centre position apart from the theme song but you didn't really have a choice there.' Yuxin reasoned but Y/N firmly shook her head. 'But Y/N I think you'd be such a good centre.' Meinan trailed off. 'I'm sorry but I don't think I could pull it off.' She laughed slightly while rubbing the back of her neck. Qi Sui looked at her and sighed, 'Well, okay then. Yuxin?' She looked over to Yuxin who kept her eyes on Y/N.

She eventually nodded and soon they started assigning lyrics. 'I want part E.' Y/N said making everyone, even people from the other group who overheard, look at her in confusion. 'Y/N, part E is so small.' Qi Sui said. 'I know. I want to try and work on the harmonies though.' She said with a smile. 'But the part doesn't have a solo part?' She shook her head. 'Nah, it's fine, honestly. I know you guys would do a way better job that me. Plus someone has to do it.' Yuxin stood up and told Y/N to go with her. 'Where are we going?'

'Just come here.' She left the room and Y/N followed her. Yuxin stood outside the door and Y/N stood opposite her. 'Everything okay?' Yuxin widened her eyes. 'Everything okay? With me? Y/N you didn't try for the centre and now you want the part with the least parts. What's happening?' Y/N smiled and waved her hands. 'Nothing's happening, I'm just trying something new and I don't want all spotlight on me. You know that.' Yuxin pushed away from the wall and rested her arms around Y/N's waist. 

'I worry about you.' She said brushing the youngers hair away from her face. 'I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about.' She lead her back to the practice room by her hand and finished assigning roles but Yuxin wasn't gonna let the situation go. 'I'll split my rap part with Y/N if that's okay.' Everyone nodded but Y/N strongly disagreed. 'Then you'll have less.' She said quietly. 'Y/N I don't care, you don't even have a solo part. I'm splitting it with you.' 

'Yuxinnn, don'ttt.' She whined. 'I'm not listening to you.' She highlighted a chunk of her rap and wrote the letter E next to it making Y/N huff. They started learning the dance and Y/N noticed some members of the other group struggling with some of the footing. 'Xinyu, would you like some help?' The little girl gave her a pleading look. 'Could you please?' Y/N rushed over, 'Of course I can. When you go through this count of eight trying switching your weight over to this leg. That way when you lift this one, you won't lose balance.'

Xinyu listened carefully and quickly adjusted her glasses before trying the move again with Y/N's adjustments. 'How's that feel?' Y/N asked hopefully. Xinyu gave her a bright smile, 'It's great. Thank you.' She bowed but Y/N stopped her. 'No need. If you need any help just ask me, I'll help.' They both smiled at each other before going back to practicing. Y/N and Yuxin had the dance down in no time and helped others catch up. 

They all headed for some dinner after calling it a day and met with their friends. The group all talked amongst themselves and had to stop half of them from beating Jade up when they found out that she had managed to get close to Y/N again. Soon everyone had finished and some went back to practice while most went up to wash up and get some rest. 

The four headed up and before long were tucked away in bed. Y/N shuffled close to Yuxin and let herself melt in her warmth. Her body was still but for some reason a song kept playing through her head. The demo she had previously recorded was stuck in her head but she felt as if it were a puzzle she hadn't completed. She frowned slightly and turned over to lie on her back. She stared off into space and bit her lip. She needed lyrics and all she had to do was wait for them to come to her.

_____________

Heyyyy

Fourtry is gonna end but Youth with you 3 is gonna start.

I don't know how to feel so Imma just let the pain of my aching body overpower that.

I hope I don't hurt on my birthday.

:')

Thanks for readingggg :))))