~Prologue, Part 2~

Up top, there is a video with the song, "Set the Fire to the Third Bar." Listen to it while you read this chapter. Enoy, lovelies! :)

*Two Weeks Later*

Felicity walked back and forth inside their special place. And, of course it had to be a gloomy and dark day... the day that he was supposed to come home.

Two weeks had passed, and Felicity was waiting patiently in their special spot for him to just show up like he said he would. But, she had been waiting here all day... She had even missed work for it, but he still wasn't here.

Felicity kept thinking that he would've been here by now if he was coming today. It was beginning to get too late for the docks to bring boats in, and she just clutched her shirt, praying that they had just been delayed by the storm that had happened this week. Maybe it just pushed them back a few days, and she would see Oliver within a couple of days. She had to have hope.

So, Felicity packed up her computer, and began to head home. It wasn't until she got back to her apartment and was getting dinner ready, that Diggle called.

"Hello?" Felicity spoke into the phone, halfway expecting him to tell her that Oliver was back home, safe.

"You need to turn on the news." He said with a hint of sadness.

"W-why?" Felicity stuttered, praying that it wasn't what she thought.

"Just do it, Felicity." Diggle responded, hanging up shortly after.

Felicity's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach, and her breathing became weaker as she picked up the remote that suddenly felt like it weighed more than usual, and turned on the small television located in her kitchen. As she turned on the local news, her worst fears became a reality.

"It's a significant news day here in Starling... The Queen's Gambit sent a mayday transmission late last night, and has not been heard from since. Among those missing, are locals Robert and Oliver Queen..."

Felicity looked at the screen in horror, feeling every pound that her heart gave. She let the tears absentmindedly fall, and eventually she fell with them, letting herself sink to the floor. She was absolutely terrified, and couldn't get her mind off of the promise Oliver gave her.

"I'm coming back."

He had promised her in that restaurant that he would come back, and she couldn't lose hope. He was alive, stranded somewhere, but he was alive. He had to be alive. She hadn't felt him leave, and that gave her hope. She still felt his presence, and that made her get up off that floor, and head to the police station.

Felicity felt her phone buzz in her pocket, but she ignored it. She knew it was probably just someone trying to offer their condolences, but she didn't want to hear it. She just wanted a search party out there, trying to find where he could have possibly floated away to after the boat went down.

Her boyfriend, now fiancé, was a survivor. He survived this. She just knew it.

Felicity let the cold of the night take over her emotions as she drove towards the station. She had to get someone to listen to her. Or, at least try to. She pulled into the parking lot, and hurriedly hopped out of the car and into the darkened station.

She marched herself right up to Detective Lance, and got his attention pretty swiftly.

"What can we do for you, Miss Smoak?" He asked, not bothering to give her any sympathy for Oliver's disappearance.

"What are you doing to try and find Oliver?" She asked, well... more like demanded.

"Not to hurt your feelings, Miss Smoak, but we just found out the mayday transmission was sent out late last night. A search party will be sent out later in the week."