Chapter 40: We Have Each Other

Start from the beginning

How could things have gotten so bad? Would there ever be justice for this band? These two questions were the ones that continued to taunt my mind. They were unanswerable, unpredictable. I just couldn’t take all this grief that’s been thrown on us anymore.

“H-he has t-to be alright. He has t-t-to...” Whimpered Danielle who was now currently being held by Louis. He squeezed her gently, rocking them back and forth while whispering soothing words.

I could feel Liam’s body heat as he sat beside me, holding back tears of his own. I turned my head to sideways to look at him, positive that my eyes were red and puffy. Liam caught my gaze and his expression softened as he scooted closer to me on the seat.

I took in a shaky breath when he wrapped an arm around my shoulders to pull me into his chest. he used his other hand to run it through my hair and I closed my eyes.

“It’ll be okay. Zayn’s gonna be okay.” He murmured. Though, even I could tell he had trouble believing it himself.

“But what if he’s not?” Harry spoke quietly. “What’s going to happen? What if…what if he’s gone?” He bit his lip, turning his eyes solemnly to the ground. He had both arms wrapped around his torso and was rocking back and forth in the same rhythm that Louis was. The older boy looked over at Harry, who sat next to him, and reached his hand over to stroke his cheek with the back of his knuckles.

Harry brought his bleary eyes over to Louis and didn’t waste a second to move closer into his side. Louis used his free hand to wrap it around Harry’s shoulders and softly kissed his head.

I swallowed. "We just have to be here for him, alright guys? Maybe...maybe things will be fine...yeah..."