Round One: "Super" By ReachForMyHand

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

Super

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

The Final Verdict 

Spelling and Grammar (5): 3

Character Portrayals and Story Canon (15) 9.5

Writing [Dialogue, description, etc] (20) 13.8

Plot (30): 23.3

Fan Votes [should be the same for every judge] (10):  9.7

Judges Vote (20) 13.2

Total: 72.5

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

 Individual Judges' Votes and Comments 

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

Spelling and Grammar (5): 3 

Character Portrayals and Story Canon (15): 10

Writing [Dialogue, description, etc] (20): 13 

Plot (30): 20

Fan Votes [should be the same for every judge] (10): 9.7

Judges Vote (20): 14 

Total: 69.7

Additional Comments: I think this is a great start, and has real potential to evolve into something really interesting and fun to read. The only problems I have with it so far is that we only really met two characters, and now one of them is dead. xD I know you’re getting to adding in more characters, and I’m really excited to see what superhero/villain is what character, but for now I’m a little sad that you’re making me wait to find out more about this world you’ve created. I guess ‘leave ‘em wanting more’ is one way to go about it, but I would have at least liked to have seen one other character or something more, you know, just so we’re not waiting in the dark as far as what kind of story this is going to be as far as how the characters interact.   

 ~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

Spelling and Grammar (5): 3

Character Portrayals and Story Canon (15): 11

Writing [Dialogue, description, etc] (20): 14 

Plot (30): 24

Fan Votes [should be the same for every judge] (10) 9.7

Judges Vote (20):16 

Total: 77.7

Additional Comments: The plot line that you set was surprising and caught me off guard. In some cases, that’s a really good thing, but in this… Not so much. Really? A ten year old girl killing someone then feeling a-okay about it? I know that there (almost) always has to be that cool character with a level head and calm demeanor, but seriously… When I was ten, I was still afraid to sleep without a night light. Granted, I wasn’t brought up the same way the character in your story was, but that’s borderline unreasonable. Grammar could be better. It got a little iffy towards the end, so try to read back over it, okay? Sometimes you don’t notice little errors the first time, but when you really scrutinize your work, you can see it. Also, the big turning point was her father’s death, right? I feel like it wasn’t detailed enough; it was abrupt and was gone as soon as it came. I’m excited to see the canon characters appear, though.