11

I woke up to an empty bed. I raised my head off the pillow and looked around the room, noticing a yellow sticky note on the mirror in the room. I threw the covers off and walked tiredly to the mirror reading the note.

Hey Baba. We had a meeting and I didn’t want to wake you. We’ll be home around 3 or 4. Have fun having the house all to yourself XO.

I smiled slightly and grabbed a few clothes out of my bag. I really needed to get more as all of mine were getting dirty. Although I could just do the laundry… or I could go home and get some more.

I turned on the shower and stepped in, feeling the cold water heat up. I scrubbed my body but didn’t clean my hair considering I washed it the day before. I ran my hand down my legs and decided to shave my body… it was about time.

I was trying to decide what I should do today.

I could go to the beach… nah. I don’t want to be alone on the beach. Not in that mood today.

I could get ice cream… no, not that either.

Oh I know! I could go buy Dinah’s birthday present! It fits perfectly since her birthday is next week.

Okay, so I’ll drive to the mall… I groaned and mentally face-palmed. The car is still by my house. I’ll just walk home, get more clothes, take the car to the mall and then I can hide the gifts there!

I stepped out of the shower and slipped on my last pair of shorts and a crop top with a zipper on the front. I also slipped on a very thin jacket as I was walking and it was really hot outside.

I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my sunglasses and wallet then went to the kitchen. I grabbed a smoothie from the fridge and put my shoes on, starting the walk to my house.

The walk only took about 20 minutes but I was loving the thought of air conditioning. I threw the empty smoothie container in the trash can. I then opened the door to my house and quickly made my way to my room. The girls would be home in about two hours so I had to hurry. I took a bunch of my clothes and a rather large bag and stuffed the clothes in it.

I went out to the car and put the bag in the back seat. Thankfully, there wasn’t much traffic so I got to the mall in a short amount of time.

I already had an idea of what I could get Dinah. I was mainly thinking of a black snapback with ‘DJ’ in gold on the front. Then I was also thinking I could get one that said ‘Baba’ for myself. I didn’t just want to give her a snapback so I thought about things that Dinah loves.

She loves movies and video games… and Beyoncé. I think I’ll stick to the movies and games.

I first went and ordered the snapbacks and they said that they would be ready in about two hours since they didn’t have any other orders. I then went to Best Buy and got around five movies for her. Four of them scary and one of them a comedy. Then I got The walking dead, the last of us and amnesia, all video games.

----

An hour and a half later, I was back at the girls’ place. The girls were probably home so I put the presents in the trunk and walked into the house.

“Hey.” I smiled at the girls who were in the kitchen. “Where’s DJ?”

“Up in her room.” Camila chewed on her apple. I nodded and walked up the stairs and to Dinah’s room.

I opened the door and saw her on her bed with her eyes closed, listening to some songs. She didn’t notice me so I crept to the bed and jumped on her so my legs were on either side of her body, straddling her. He eyes shot open as she was started but she smiled at me sweetly when she noticed it was me.