28

"I knew they couldn't do it!"

"I know! When I woke up, I was like 'really?'."

"It's surprising actually how little space they take. Like I didn't notice anything until I woke up."

I heard a click then a sigh. "Lauren, what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to get people to like Alba."

"And how exactly? It doesn't work like that."

"Well I can try. If they see how happy Dinah is they will probably realize they are doing something wrong." Lauren sighed. "I just don't know why they do it. I mean look at them! They're so cute together."

"And that is the reason you're the captain." Normani chuckled. "I agree though. I wish people would just stop. I even overheard DJ telling Alba not to go on twitter, that's how bad it is."

"Management doesn't even want us to try and defend her. It's stupid."

"Well we have a meeting today, let's just talk about it again."

There was silence. "How long are these two gonna sleep?" Lauren groaned.

"Roll them off."

"Roll them off?"

"Yeah, ya know kick them off."

I felt two cold feet on my back push me so I pushed Dinah on the floor, landing on top of her.

Dinah's head hit the floor and the side of mine hit it too. We both groaned and I raised my head to look at Dinah's half open eyes.

She raised her head slightly. "Are you okay?" I whispered and stroked the back of her head.

"Yeah." She whispered back. "What about you?" She pushed hair out of my face and rubbed where my head had hit the floor. "Anything hurt?"

I shook my head and smiled then leaned down to kiss her. "Good morning." I said as pulled away.

Dinah pecked my lips again. "Morning." She looked around tiredly and at the girls. "Why are we on the floor?"

"We got kicked off." I said and looked at Lauren.

"Her idea!" Lauren pointed at Normani who's eyes widened.

"Nope, nu-uh." Normani said. Dinah have her a pointed look and went to stand up.

I pinned her down. "Babe." I gave her a warning look and she sighed.

"Fine. I won't, okay?"

"Good." I patted her cheek then stood up. "Anything planned for today?"

"Yeah, a meeting. Then we're free." Ally said.

"Cool. How long until?" I asked.

"Three hours. We should probably get home and ready."

"So I guess I'll see you guys later?"

"Nope." Dinah hugged me. "You're coming with."

----

I had been waiting outside the room in the management building for half an hour when it started.

"No! You can't make me!" Dinah? "Because I want to be fucking happy that's why. And she makes me happy!"

The door opened and a fuming Dinah stormed over to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me away.

"Babe?" I asked concerned. "Babe, what happened?" She went out the building doors without answering. "Dinah." I pushed her up against the building and it was then I noticed the tears on her cheeks. "Baby, what's wrong? What happened in there?"

She took in a shaky breath. "I fucking hate management."

"Come here..." I stepped between her legs and hugged her. She buried her head in my neck and I felt her tears soak my shirt. "It's okay." I whispered and ran my fingers trough her hair. I could see some flashes but I wasn't really thinking about that while my girlfriend was crying right here. When her crying stopped, I pulled her head out of the crook of my neck. "Will you tell me what happened?"

"They want me to break up with you..." She said and looked down.

I scoffed. "Good luck with that." I said and she looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," I wiped her tears. "You're not getting rid of me that easily. You don't want to break up with me, do you?" She shook her head. "Didn't think so. And I'm not leaving just because some men in a suit want to. You are dating me, not them and I am dating you... Not them. And I am happy with you. Really happy. That's what I want."

"I'm happy with you too." She sniffled.

"Then don't listen to them. Listen to this." I held my hand over her chest.

"Don't worry. I wasn't going to listen to them anyways." She said and smiled slightly.

"Good. Plus, I wouldn't have left."

"There's one more thing though." She said and looked down again.

"What is it?"

"I have to go again. Two and a half months..." She whispered.

I cupped her face in my hands. "And like I said when you first left. I'll be here, rooting for you. I'm not going anywhere. We've done this once before, we can do it again." I dropped my lips to hers.

"How did I get so lucky?" She whispered when I pulled back.

"I'm the lucky one, okay? You're perfect and I love you."

She smiled shyly and pecked my lips. "I love you too."

"Now do you want to go back in there?" I nodded to the door.

"Can you come with me?" She asked.

"I'll be by your side all the way baby." I said and wiped the remaining tears. "Now let's go. The sooner it's done the sooner we can leave."

Dinah and I walked hand in hand into the conference room. The girls looked at us sympathetically and I gave them a grateful smile.

Dinah sat down in a chair and pulled me into her lap. "She's not going anywhere."

A man across from the girls sighed. "Fine." He flipped through a few papers. "Demi has requested to share a bus with you. The team will be on another one."

"Demi?" I whispered in Dinah's ear.

"Her opening act backed out at the last minute. We were her back up plan."

"Right, the bus will arrive at your house in two weeks. Make sure you're packed and ready." He stood up. "I think that's all for today. Remember, two weeks."

The girls nodded and said bye then we walked back outside. When we got in the car, the girls broke the silence.

"You're not breaking up are you?" Lauren asked.

"Not happening." I smiled and looked at Dinah who smiled back.

"Oh thank god! That is a captain's worst nightmare."

"No, a captain's worst nightmare is when his ship isn't even together!" Dinah looked between Lauren and Camila.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Lauren mumbled.

Dinah laughed and kissed my cheek, making me smile for the umpteenth time that day.

----

Thoughts?

I know this chap sucks but it gets better!

... I hope *-*

...... Just tell me if it isn't

......... I won't get mad, I swear!

............ Bah