17

I groaned as I fumbled around for my beeping phone. I squinted my eyes as the bright light from the phone hit them and read the text message.

Mami: The flight got delayed by few hours because of the weather. I'm sorry baby, see you soon!

I then realized the sound of the wind blowing outside and the rain hitting the window.

I slowly stumbled out of the bed and walked through the dark room to the window.

I could barely see anything. It was dark and I could only make out the rain that was pouring out of the sky.

"Alba?" I turned around to face a very sleepy Dinah. "What are you doing up? It's only..." She asked groggily and rubbed her eyes, checking her phone. "Five A.M."

I went over to the bed again and crawled over to her. "There's a storm..."

"Oh... I'm sorry Baba." Dinah kissed the back of my neck, pulling me closer to her. "Just try and get some sleep. I'll be here." I nodded and held Dinah's hand.

It wasn't that I didn't like storms. I didn't have a phobia of them or stuff like that. They just gave me an uneasy feeling.

Nothing good came out of storms. There were car accidents, plane crashes and even sometimes trees would fall down. I just didn't like the thought of them and I certainly didn't like them.

I was also such a wuss and scared of everything, so that doesn't help at all.

As I was about to fall asleep, there was a loud bang which made me jump slightly. I then suddenly became really aware of Dinah's hot and steady breath at the back of my neck which made me relax instantly.

I fell asleep again in no time, thinking about the beautiful girl that held me and I could call my girlfriend.

----

I felt kisses being peppered all over my face and I turned my head to try and stop Dinah since I was tired from waking up.

"Wakey wakey." Dinah kissed my cheek multiple times.

"Leave me alone." I groaned.

"C'mon miss grumpy pants. Up and at 'em." Dinah opened my eye with her fingers. "Hello... Anybody in there?"

There was a bang again and I jumped, making Dinah startled in the process. "I don't like thunder." I mumbled into the pillow.

Dinah stroked my thigh softly. "I know you don't babe. Let's do something fun to make you forget." I groaned again. "And so you will be less grumpy."

I turned around. "What do you have in mind?" I asked as I stroked Dinah's sides softly.

Dinah planted her lips on mine in a sweet, but heated, kiss. She ran her tongue along my bottom lip and I immediately opened my mouth to make our tongues stroke each other.

Dinah pulled away after a while. "How was that?"

I smiled. "Definitely not grumpy anymore."

"You happy?"

"Very." I chuckled.

"Good, cause I'm starving and you make the most delicious food when you're happy." Dinah said and got up.

I scoffed. "Sometimes I think you only want me for my ability to cook."

"Then you think right." Dinah joked but I still took it somewhat seriously.