67

I watched as Dinah paced around the room, rocking a crying Benjamin in her arms.

"What's wrong, baby? You're clean, you're fed, what's wrong?" She asked as he kept crying. She looked up at me with desperation in her eyes. "Babe I don't know what to do."

I bit my lip and tried to block out the sound of him crying. "You want to try a pacifier again?"

We had tried it a few times but he never took it, always spit it out.

Dinah nodded. "Yes please."

I rushed to the nightstand and took out a pacifier and went over to them. I put it in his mouth and he spit it out and kept crying.

"No, no, no." Dinah begged. "Please Benjamin." I think she was getting enough of the crying and not knowing what to do. This had been going on for almost two hours. "I know you're tired but you won't be tired if you just sleep."

I grabbed the pacifier again and wiped it on my clothes before putting it in his mouth again and holding it. "Please, please, please." I whispered. "Please take it mijo."

I sighed in relief when his mouth slowly closed around it and he quieted down to only whimpering slightly.

"That's it Benji." I smiled at him. He looked between Dinah and I, finally settling on me.

"Come on, let's get you to bed." Dinah said softly when she noticed him relaxing.

When I left his sight he whined but Dinah managed to calm him down. She laid him down in the crib after kissing his forehead and putting the covers over him.

She turned around and went to join me but stopped and sighed when Benji's cries filled the room again.

"Babe just put him in with us." I sighed and laid my head back into the pillows. "He needs sleep and so do we. Plus, the girls are probably still up because of him."

Dinah nodded and grabbed him and he immediately stopped crying. I scooted over so Dinah could place him in the middle of the bed. Then she laid down next to him so he wouldn't fall off the bed.

I turned on my side so I was turning towards Dinah and Benji and supported my weight on my elbow.

I saw and heard the sound of the pacifier in his mouth as he looked at me with his big, but tired, brown eyes.

I wiped his cheek that were wet with tears and pulled the covers over him. "Vete a dormir mijo." I kissed his forehead and laid my head on the pillow, still turning to him.

I carefully laid my hand on his stomach and stroked his baby belly softly. He closed his eyes and I hoped he was going to fall asleep but he opened them again.

"Can you sing or something?" I yawned.

"What do you want me to sing?" She asked.

"I don't know. Something calming." I said.

She thought for a moment before singing the song she played when she made up for getting home late for our anniversary.

I noticed Benji wasn't falling asleep so I pulled him closer to me and hugged him to my chest as I rubbed his back.

I smiled as I felt him snuggle slightly into my chest and I heard his breath start to even out.

I heard a phone click and I looked up at Dinah who had her phone up. "Dinah, shh." I whispered.

"Babe, when he's asleep, he's out of it. Don't worry." She said and scooted closer to me. I carefully cuddled into her, careful to not squish Benji.