60

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I looked around the room.

Memories of what happened hit me, causing me to smile.

I noticed Dinah sleeping on the chair beside my bed with her upper body leaning on my bed.

I softly raked my fingers through her hair and after a little while, she raised her head slowly.

Even though Dinah's eyes lit up, I could still see tiredness in them.

Dinah stood up to kiss me softly on the lips before pecking my forehead.

"How long have I been out?" I asked and flinched when I tried to sit up better.

"What's wrong?" Dinah asked panicked.

"I just gave birth Dinah... I'm sore." I said and got comfortable. "Now how long have I been out?"

"Almost 18 hours..."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"The doctor said to let you sleep. 26 hours in pain can do that to ya apparently." I nodded and Dinah walked a little way from the bed. "Thank you by the way."

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For bringing me this little guy." Dinah said with a smile and picked him up. "Hey there." I thought her smile would rip her face in half.

My eyes widened as she came over to me. I slowly put my hands out and she placed the bundle carefully in my arms.

I moved the blanket more down so I could see all of his face. He was perfect.

"Hi baby boy." I smiled a watery smiled and chuckled. He moved his head a little and made this cute little baby noise then settled back down and kept sleeping. "He's perfect." I smiled and looked at Dinah.

"He looks like you." Dinah said quietly and sat beside me on the bed.

"I don't see it." I said.

I took in his brown hair and his little chubby cheeks you could see dimples in. His nose was tiny and his lips were slightly parted like Dinah looked when she slept. His skin was like a mixture of Dinah and I's skin.

"He has your nose." She pointed out.

"He sleeps like you." I chuckled and stroked his cheek lightly.

"He has dimples."

"I know." I smiled and laid my head on Dinah's shoulder. "He's all that I hoped for."

Dinah kissed my head. "Me too."

We sat there looking at him for a while, just admiring him, until someone walked in.

"Ah, miss Herrera, nice to see that you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, a little sore."

"Yeah, that was expected." She chuckled. "So I just have to ask you a few questions, then you need to fill out a form, then somebody will come and show you how to pump and feed and then," she peeked over so she saw him and smiled. "You can take this little guy home. Sound good?"

I nodded and she continued asking me questions about how I was feeling and things like that. Then she passed me a paper I had to sign.

"Okay, great! You're free to go. Have fun with the new addition."

"We will." I said and looked back down at him.

A nurse came in with a device and told me everything I needed to know about feeding and stuff similar to that. Then she left.