51

I looked around the living room that was filled with my family members.

My mom had invited her brother and his children to come here for the New Years and Rita and Logan came too.

"Kids! Come here! It's starting!" The five kids ran into the room when the countdown started.

30 seconds.

I sighed and stood up from the sofa to get me a water bottle from the fridge. I drank half of it.

10 seconds.

Then I heard a knock on the door. I furrowed my brow as I went to answer it.

5 seconds.

Opening the door.

4 seconds.

Sudden lips on mine. Very familiar lips.

3 seconds.

Melting into the embrace.

2 seconds.

Hormones.

1 second.

Fireworks. Literally. Everywhere.

Happy New Years.

I whimpered when she pulled away slowly. "Please... Don't." Her voice cracked as her forehead leaned against mine.

I bit my lip as tears flowed freely down my cheeks. "I won't. I'm so s-sorry." I sobbed and she tightened her grip on me.

"I'm sorry too." She whispered with tears on her cheeks.

"N-no. I was s-so fucking selfish."

"No you weren't. Mani talked to me and... I just love you so fucking much okay?"

I nodded. "I love you too."

"Don't leave me again."

"I couldn't if I wanted to. You're the thing that keeps my heart together..." I said and she pulled away and wiped my cheeks. "I'm sorry I broke your heart."

"It's okay now... As long as you're here, with me." She said and hugged me again.

"I missed you." I sobbed and buried my face in her neck.

"I missed you too. So much." She pulled back and cupped my cheeks. "I love you." She looked into my eyes.

"I love you too."

"Dinah?!" Rita stumbled up to us. "Oh my god, it's so good to see you! Oh wait... WAIT! You're together! Finally..." She muttered and walked away.

"I think she should slow down on the drinks..." Dinah chuckled.

"Yeah... She's not drunk." I chuckled and kissed her again. "I love you... I have a lot of hugs and kisses to make up for."

"I know exactly the way." She said and I looked at her confused. "Move in with me." My mouth opened but she cut me off. "Before you say no, you said it yourself. We're having a baby together. And me and the girls aren't going anywhere for a long amount of time so I'd much rather want to know that you and the baby were safe and if something happens I'll be there. You won't be alone."

I smiled and nodded then kissed her. She picked me up and swung me around couple circles before I stopped her. "Babe, no, I gotta puke."

She chuckled and put me down. "I missed hearing you call me that..."

I smiled then frowned. "But what about the girls?"

"They already said yes. And if it's a problem, we'll find our own place. With a backyard and swings and a treehouse. But no pool."