Blasts From Our Pasts

Another unedited chapter but I was excited for this one. I did not want to wait😁.

***

"Tell us more, tell us more." Lilly speaks excitedly from the phone speaker.

Priya and I are sitting on the floor of my bedroom, resting our backs against my bed.

"Well, after eating, we just sat under a bench and talked, watching the stars."

"Aww..." Lilly gushes.

"Urgh! I need a boyfriend." Priya laughs.

"I'm just happy your first date went perfectly." Lilly speaks.

"Yeah, me too." I smile.

It went better than I expected. I didn't want the day to end. I wanted to spend every little second with Mason.

"Sweetie?" My dad sticks his head inside the room. "Your friends are here."

"Oh!" Priya is the first one to get up. We're going back to school today.

"Please tell them we'll be right there." As I finish the sentence, an excited Bianca swoops past my dad and into the bedroom.

She runs into my arms, squealing and asking me to tell her everything that happened yesterday.

"Can I please do that later?" I ask, picking up my bags from my bed.

"No fair. I'm sure you already told Priya."

"And Lilly." The voice comes from my phone, lying on my bed.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you everything."

"Based on the smile Mason can't wipe off his face, I'm sure everything was perfect."

"Perfect is a strong word," I chuckle, "but yes, it was perfect."

Bianca helps us with our bags before we go back downstairs to find Max and Mason, talking to my father. As soon as we walk in, he dismisses them.

"Hi." Mason smiles and I return the gesture.

"We'll take those." The two of them take our bags and head out to the car.

"Uhm... I'll be out in a bit, please give me a few minutes." I ask Bianca and Priya. They nod before following Mason and Max.

"Dad." I turn to my father who is not seated on our couch. He pats the space next to him and I sit down.

"I've never seen you so happy." These are the first words he says to me.

"Dad..." I don't know how to reply to that.

"It makes me feel guilty for having kept the two of you apart for so long." His forehead wrinkles as he frowns.

"It's alright, dad."

"Your mother and I have spoken. I can't confirm that she's fully at ease knowing you two are in a relationship but she is willing to do anything, as long as you forgive her and remain this happy."

I smile, feeling relieved. That means so much to me.

"With that said, if he makes you cry or hurts you in any way, I will know and I will kill him."

"Dad!" My eyes widen.

"What? If he thought Mark Coleman was dangerous, he clearly hasn't met the real me."

I chuckle and give my father a hug. When he sees an insect inside the house, he carefully takes it out into its natural habitat. He is anything but dangerous.