New Roommates And Little Reunions

Mason's POV

"Why are you in such a rush to leave?" I chuckle as Chris puts the last of his bags in my car.

"This place is a hell hole." He shuts the door.

"It's not that bad." I take a look at the building.

"Still, I'm glad we're leaving. Jesse and his roommate can't be as bad as the people here."

I shrug and we get into the car.

"Do you know who his roommate is?" I start driving.

Chris shakes his head. "No, I've never met the guy. Jesse wanted to introduce us to him at the party but  he couldn't find him."

I nod. He can't be that bad.

"So, have you spoken to Maya?"

"No, we haven't talked after the other day. Maybe she needs some space. I don't want to overwhelm her. I think I should text her and arrange to meet up tomorrow."

"Yeah, you'll be settled in at our new place by then." Chris grins.

"Man," I chuckle, "you really hated that place."

"That building is infested with mean, brainless people." He sulks.

"Well, I'm glad we found a place quickly."

***

Maya's POV

I take a deep breath, one hand gripping on to the straps of my backpack while I lift the other into the air. I softly knock on the door and wait for an answer.

The door opens and Max comes into view. His hair is wet so I assume he just came out of the shower.

"Hey."

"Hey." He replies with a smile before stepping aside.

My nostrils catch a whiff of his lemon shampoo as I walk inside.

"I need to talk to you." I state.

He nods and closes the door.

"What's up?"

I look around before turning back to him. "Maybe we should go to your room."

"Is everything okay?" He takes a step forward.

"Y... Yeah... I just, I need to tell you something. It's important and I think we should speak in private."

"Okay." He nods. "Brad and Troy aren't here and Justin is still sleeping. Jesse spent the night at his girlfriend's place."

"Where are Brad and Troy? Where did they go so early?"

"To their new apartment."

"What?" I feel my nerves increase.

"Yeah, the new guys are coming in today. I think they should be here in a couple of hours."

"Okay." I start to panic. I grab his hand to lead him to the couch but stop when there's a knock on the door.

"Let me get that." I nod and let go of his hand.

He walks over to the door.

"Wait, I know you. You're Peyton's friend."

I shoot my head up and when I hear Max speak.

This can't be happening.

"Yeah, I'm Christian and you are?"

"Max, Maxwell."

"Let me help you with this."

"Oh, thanks, I'll go get the other ones."