"Who's this slow one?"

Mason's POV

It's been a week but I finally managed to track down Stan. Fortunately, he works close with the other guy, Noodles, so I was able to set up a meeting with both.

We're parked outside some old building with grafitti painted walls. A few teenagers loiter around, mostly smoking or trying to sell something.

I look out at their faces. Some of them seem scared, like they're doing this for the first time. It seems like they've no choice; something or maybe even someone forced them into this.

The others? It's almost as if this is all they know. They parade the streets as if they own them. They probably do; they probably work for someone who does.

"Noodles," Justin chuckles from the backseat, diverting my attention to him, "What a stupid name."

"I hear he can steal a car in 30 seconds." Max remarks with a smirk.

"Then why isn't he called 30 seconds something?" Justin wrinkles his face from confusion.

"I think that's why?" Max points out the window and we all look out.

In the near distance, I spot a short and portly guy; probably in his early twenties. He wears a red shirt that clings on to his skin for dear life and large blue tracksuit pants. His long, unruly hair falls over his shoulders. This must be Stan.

A few steps in front of him is who I assume to be Noodles. His skinny and long arms flail at his sides as he walks. With each step, Stan has to take at least three steps to keep up.

It looks like a scene from a cartoon.

"I can't help but be reminded of a pasta stick and a meatball." Justin stared intensely at the pair, the corners of his lips twitching as he tries to hold his laugh in.

"Justin!" Max hisses.

"You're staying in the car," I glare at him and he quitens, "they need to know we mean business. One mistake and they'll rat us out."

His face falls as the severity of the situation sinks in. He slowly nods and sits back.

A few minutes later, there's a knock on the window next to me. I look up and meet Stan's face staring at me.

I motion for him to move out the way but he shakes his head.

'Open the door.' He mouths the words.

I nod and Justin opens the door. He scoots over to the other side as the two enter.

I notice him squeeze next to the door as he makes space for Stan. Noodles follows in. His bent knees come to his chest and he hangs his head low so he can fit.

How tall is this guy?

Forget that, how does he steal cars so quick if he can't even get in?

"You got the cash?" His deep voice brings me out of my thoughts.

I look at his oval shaped face which holds a bored expression.

"Yeah but we want the information first." I look him in the eye.

"Why couldn't we have this conversation outside?" Justin shifts uncomfortably. I feel bad for him but he's the one that insisted on coming.

"Lots of eyes outside." Stan replies. "You never know who's working for who."

"Hmm..." I nod.

"So, we hear you're curious about The Man and The Princess." He smiles broadly, revealing surprisingly white teeth.