Gift Giving And Bianca's Birthday

"Why'd you call me out here alone?" Mason asks as I continue pulling him to my car. "What do you want to do to me?"

He stops and gasps. I turn around and roll my eyes at him.

"Help... Help..." He says in a monotone voice.

"What's wrong with you?" I laugh.

"I'm being kidnapped." He roots himself to the ground and I find myself struggling to pull him along.

"You're such a baby." I narrow my eyes and pout.

"Aren't I your baby?" He pouts and I roll my eyes.

"C'mon." His legs finally starts working.

"Where are we going?" He asks as I get into the driver's seat of my car.

"We haven't spent time together all week."

"Are we going out on a date?" He beams like a little kid finding money under their pillow instead of their tooth.

"No," I shake my head, "we're going to shop for Bianca's gift together."

"Really? I already got her a gift." He sits back on the seat.

"I didn't."

"You're doing something last minute?" He feighs a shocked expression.

"If you haven't noticed, I'm not the best at giving gifts." I struggle to manouvre the car out of the driveway and into the street. "I usually give people their gifts late."

"What about the other gift? The one you said you already got Bianca?"

Ah, he means Justin. Since I didn't trust that he could keep my gift from Max, who is very competitive since he's given himself the title of the best gift giver, I never told him.

"It'll be arriving in an hour or so actually. There was a bit of a delay."

"So why are you buying something else?" Before I can answer, a smirk appears on his face. "Oh, I get it, it's all so we can get some alone time."

I remove one hand from the steering wheel and swat it at him.

***

Mason's POV

"How am I still alive?" I dramatically put my hand against my chest as I exit the car.

"Stop it." Maya pouts, walking around to meet me at the back of her Chevrolet.

"How is your driving so bad?"

"I recently started driving myself." She points her index finger at me. "Leave me alone."

"You were on the wrong side of the road." I raise my eyebrow.

"That granny was the one on the wrong side of the road." She defends.

"That granny is a much better driver than you." I laugh.

"She's got... More experience so it's not a fair comparison." She says and I chuckle. "In my defense, Lilly and Bianca drove me around way too much."

"Should I also drive you around?" I offer, taking her hand and intertwining our fingers.

"No but thank you. I need to improve." She chuckles.

I look up at the large building of the mall in front of us.

"I'm thinking of getting her a new makeup pallet." Maya says as we enter the buzzing building.

"What's that?"

"Oh, it's uhm, it's that thing where you can store your make up."

"Hmm..."