I love you, Maya Banks.

Maya's POV

I get up and grab the chair in front of my table. I carry it over to the window and sit down. The warm rays of the afternoon sun hit my bare arms. I sigh and look out of the window, down at the people scattered around the campus. 

There's nothing special to it. Some students are just relaxing on the grass while others are walking around. Since it's a Saturday, some of them are probably planning to go out or something.

Another sigh escapes my lips.

It's been a month since I last spoke to Mason. Neither one of us has texted or called. We said we love each other, agreed it was best to wait and that was it.

Things between Max and I have been fine, awkward, but fine. I can't stop blaming myself for ruining our friendship. He told me it's not my fault but I know better.

I've kept myself busy this entire time. Focusing all my attention on my schoolwork and making sure I don't make it to any friends dinner dates or whatever.

I bring my feet up to the chair and hug my knees. A sigh escapes my lips and I close my eyes.

"You're driving me crazy." Zoe throws a pillow at me.

I look up and give her a scowl. She sits up on my bed and ties her hair up into a bun.

"You've been moping around and if I hear one more sigh from you..."

"What are you talking about?" I sigh and look away.

Another pillow hits me and I bend down to pick it up and throw it back. She catches it and sticks her tongue out at me. She puts the pillow down on the bed and picks up her phone.

"You need to talk about all of this or something. I don't know." She wrinkles her nose and forehead.

"There's no need to talk about it. My life is a mess. That's it." I sigh and look out the window again.

Zoe doesn't reply, or complain about my sighing. She remains silent and I close my eyes and hug my knees again.

A few minutes go by before our door flies open. I snap my eyes open and look up.

"We're here." Peyton announces as she and Bianca walk in. I stare at them blankly.

"What's going on?" I ask as I bring my legs down from the chair.

"You need to talk about what's been going on, Maya." Zoe states.

Of course they're all here for that. They mean well, in fact, they're right. I do have to talk about this. I've been acting like it's better if I don't.

"May, I'm worried about you." Bianca sits down on Zoe's bed and faces me.

"I know," I sigh, "but I'm fine."

"You've spend this entire time in this yard. Going between your classes and here. When was the last time you even opened your car?" Peyton questions, an alarmed expression on her face.

Okay, so I haven't been going anywhere. I've been ordering food here or they would bring it for me. I haven't been to Expresso because I know Mason and Max go there a lot.
While I've seen Max around campus, I'm trying to minimize our awkward encounters. As for Mason, I just... I don't want to see him.

It was hard enough agreeing to stay friends. I'm not sure if we can do that again if we see each other.

"Mason's been asking about you." Bianca states and I look up at her.

"W... What?" My voice softens.

"Yeah." She nods.

There's silence in the room, as if everyone is letting me prepare for our talk session.