"What can I get you guys?"

Maya's POV

I put away all my things and hit my head against the hard cover of the textbook.

"I think the studying with osmosis thing is just a joke." Zoe chuckles behind me.

I lift my head and stick my tongue out at her. I stand up and go to sit next to her on her bed.

"I thought you'd be out with Mason." She puts her bonnet on. She's got a face mask on.

"He's out with his friends." I reply.

There's a knock on the door and a second later, it opens. Bianca walks in, carrying two bags of potato chips and wearing purple pajamas.

"Movie night?" She grins.

"Yeah, sure." Zoe and I reply.

"Where's Peyton?" I look behind her at the door.

"You won't believe this," she sits down on the floor and faces us, "she's out on a date."

"A date?" I arch my eyebrows.

"Please don't tell me she got back together with Jesse." Zoe closes her eyes and shakes her head.

"Nope." Bianca grins and looks between Zoe and I. "She actually went out on a date with someone else."

"Yes but who is it?" Zoe's eyes widen and she moves her face closer to Bianca's.

"She said it's a girl she went to high school with." Bianca moves away from Zoe and laughs.

"Well, do we know her?" I ask.

"I don't think so." Bianca softly frowns. "Anywho, I thought you two would be out tonight."

"I'm going to Jesse's party tomorrow night so I thought I'd stay in tonight." Zoe says before lying on her stomach.

"I never go out." I shrug, taking the chips from Bianca.

"Really?" She archs a brow and pouts. "You're always with Mason these days."

"Wh...wha..."

"Don't worry." She chuckles. "I'm glad you are. I haven't seen you this happy in so long."

I smile and look down at the bag of chips. I have been feeling happier these days.

***

Mason's POV

"I can't believe you dragged me into this." I complain to Niran as the three of us walk into the club.

"I'm glad." Jesse remarks. "I've had a pretty rough week."

As the DJ changes the music to a more upbeat song and the crowd roars, I roll my eyes and question once more why I'm here.

Oh wait, they need me to drive them afterwards.

"You two could've just left me at home and caught a cab later." I shout over the music.

"We could but that would mean you wouldn't have come." Niran grins.

I roll my eyes and grunt a reply. At least he's paying for the drinks.

"Oh, c'mon," he laughs, "loosen up."

"Why does my mom even trust this guy?" I mutter under my breath and shake my head.

"I think he's grumpy because he would've rather been with his girlfriend." Jesse yells as we approach the bar.

"Oh!" Niran grins and wiggles his eyebrows. "How is Maya?"