Universe Conspiracies And Day Outs

"So that was him?" Zoe asks once I'm done explaining what happened yesterday.

I didn't want to talk about yesterday. We had to cut our day short and come back to campus. Now, in the morning, I've just woken her up to explain everything.

She stares at her pillow, soaking in all I've just said. She knows about Mason, what happened. I told Peyton and her everything.

"Are you even sure he goes there? He could've just been one of the people that joined us on the way."

"I saw him with Christian. I'll ask him."

"May, are you sure you want to do this." She sits up on the bed, pushing her covers away.

I nod.

I'm not sure. I'm no way near sure that I want to go there and find Mason. All I know is that I want to see him.

"I just have to see him. I have to talk to him."

She nods, giving me a small smile.

"You know, that night at the party, I thought I saw him then that I heard his voice."

"Is that why you looked so...shocked?"

I nod.

"See, I told you I had a good feeling about that party." I frown and she continues. "That was some kind of preparation. Fate was bringing you two and your paths closer. The universe was doing the most."

She looks up at the ceiling and smiles.

"I'm not even sure if that was him." I laugh.

"Oh, it was him."

"Well, whether or not it was him the other night, it was him yesterday. Now, I want to see him again."

I get up and grab my backpack next to me.

"Do you want me to come with you? I can quickly shower and change and we'll be out of here in seconds."

"No," I shake my head and smile, "thank you but I need to do this on my own."

She nods and lies back down on the bed.

"Call me if you change your mind."

"I will." I sling the straps of my black backpack over my shoulders and walk out of the room.

I take out my phone and begin to text Lilly as I walk down the stairs. I haven't spoken to her in days and I want to know when she and Brian will get here.

When I reach the lobby, I stop in my tracks when I spot Max coming into the room.

"Max?" I walk over to him.

"Hey!" He smiles widely. "How did you know I was coming?"

I didn't.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well," he slowly puts his hands into the front pockets of his jeans, "I have a surprise for you."

"Oh!"? My face lights up. "My surprise, finally."

"No," he shakes his head, "that one hasn't arrived. I put together a new surprise."

"Okay..." I smile.

"Are you going somewhere?" He looks at my backpack.

"I uh..." I don't want to tell him about Mason. I know he hasn't seen his best friends for almost two years either but I want to see Mason alone. I don't want anyone else knowing. Max will also want to see him and he'll want answers from him. I know it's selfish but I just want to see him and talk to him before I tell Max.