200 billion galaxies

None of our missions were very fruitful today.

Duncan isn't close to Mark Coleman anymore so he doesn't know any of his plans. He also makes sure to stay clear of him so he's got very limited information.

At Golden Age, all I got was that Charlotte has a boyfriend in prison. The security guards told Mason and Justin that no one, ever since the Colemans got sent to prison, had come to see Martha.

The poor woman was all alone in her last days.

That is what confuses me even more. If she had no visitors, how would she have known that I could be in danger?

I snap out of my thoughts as the car comes to a standstill. I lift my head up and Max's home comes into view.
There are small tables and chairs around his front yard but not a single person in sight. Either the cold chased them inside or the party is over.

"We've had one heck of a day," Max comments, "I think we should come inside for some cocoa or something."

"Yes, please." Priya replies.

I remain seated as she and Max open their doors and exit the car. Justin and Bianca took a cab so it's just the four of us.

"Do you want to go inside?" Mason asks and I slowly shake my head. "Uhm, guys, we'll stay outside for a bit."

Max and Priya nod before he ushers her up the driveway.

"Let's take a walk." I suggest with a smile.

He nods and I turn to open my door and step out of the car. The first thing to welcome me is the chilly air. It's not that cold but it's enough to seep through my white cardigan.

Mason comes over to my side. He takes my hand and we begin to slowly walk up the street. We're silent, both in deep thought.

For our friends, this was just some sort of an adventure or just a way to help us. For the two of us, this was a heavy experience.

I know it's been hard for him to come here and bring me along on this search for answers. I actually wish I hadn't bumped into Charlotte that day. There's no evidence to substantiate Martha's claims. It's as if we've both got worked up over nothing.

Mason's been trying to be calm but I know this is scary for him as well. He seems to be keeping some things from me. I know Duncan told them more than he's willing to let me know.

It's been a long day, Maya. Just, let it all go.

I look up, my eyes scanning the houses we pass. Some of them seem to still be in the Thanksgiving spirits, still entertaining people. The others are quiet, with the interior lights turned off.

"Are you okay?" He finally speaks.

"Yes," I sigh, "I'm not as freaked out as I thought I would be. Mainly because we didn't really receive any bad news."

"Yeah," I look up at him, "all Duncan told us was that he doesn't know anything."

"That's all he said?" I question, still looking at him.

"Yeah." His grip on my hand momentarily tightens.

He's withholding some parts of their visit to Duncan from me. Whenever I mention him, there's this look of fear that passes his face.

"Are you scared?" I ask.

He doesn't reply immediately and I give his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Just a bit," he turns to me, "but today has shown us that we're not actually in any danger."

Loving MayaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara