"You're supposed to be in hell."

My feet begin to feel light, as if I can suddenly float. What keeps me rooted is my head; it feels heavy. Thoughts flood it. Emotions erupt in my chest and I feel like shrinking behind Mason.

She can't be here. I'm seeing things. I'm seeing things, right? She's in prison. She's in prison.

This can't be happening. Is she here for me? Is she here to finish off what she started?

No!

Another thought dawns on me, one that sounds and feels worse than my life being in danger.

Is she here to kill Mason? Did her father finally find him?

No, no. Please, no.

"Maya?"

You're imagining things. She's not here. It's someone else. How the heck would she be here?

"Maya?" A hand rests on my shoulder and I close my eyes for a second.

When I open them, I turn to the owner of the hand.

"Maya, are you alright?" Priya looks at me with concern for the umpteenth time today.

"What? I just..." I turn to look in front of me but the view is hindered by Mason's back.

"What is she doing here?" Mason asks.

"What the heck Jesse?" Max yells.

"Whoa, whoa! What are you guys doing? This is my-"

"That's the devil." Bianca speaks. Her words cause me to shoot my head up in her direction.

She looks my way and quickly moves closer to me.

"It's okay." She reassures me, holding my hand.

"Max? M?" I hear her voice again.

It sounds so different, it's so calm and soft. It sounds kind, like Bianca usually does, but it's hers.

"Don't you dare." Mason warns.

"Why are you talking to her like that?" Jesse questions. "Mary?"

I inhale a deep breath as he says her name. It makes it more real.

Releasing the breath, I slowly move from behind Mason. I stand by his side and look up at the reality before me.

"Maya." She whispers and her chest rises and falls slowly. I notice that her eyes glimmer.

"Are you okay?" Mason looks down at me and gulps nervously.

"I'm fine." I reply but my voice comes out shaky.

"Guys, I... I wasn't... How are you here?"

"You're asking us how we're here?" I turn to Bianca and find her frowning.

"You're supposed to be in hell." Max spits the words.

"That's enough!" Jesse's chest heaves up and down as he glares at Max.

"Don't even start with us." Bianca clenches her jaw. "Your girlfriend is a witch!"

"Don't you-" Jesse directs his attention to Bianca but Max quickly stands in front of her.

"Stop, Jesse." Mason speaks. His voice is worryingly calm.

"What the fuck is going on here?" He groans and turns to look at Mary behind him.

She looks up at everyone. Her eyes have become even redder and her cheeks are stained with tears mixed with mascara.

"I- I....Jess...I-" She chokes on her words and sobs.