Seattle And Annalise

"I've been doing my research on it," Peyton turns to us, "she might be telling the truth.

"I know." I sigh.

My therapist gave me an exercise where I had to find reasons to try and forgive people. Not my favourite thing but it helped to a certain degree. It helped me get an insight into why Mason might had left.

It didn't help me forgive Mary or her father but I learned enough about her disorder.

"Do you think I should forgive her?" I look Pey in the eyes.

"You know such questions are meant for Zoe." She gives me a sad smile. "All I can tell you is that it's up to you. Only you know how much she hurt you and if you want to let it go. I hate it when I'm told to forgive people because blah blah peace of mind and setting people free. I don't mind continuing to mentally murder people."

I chuckle and look down at my feet.

I'm not sure I want to continually mentally murder Mary Coleman.

"How did you guys even... Where did you see her? Did you bump into her like you did with Shelby?"

Shelly.

I mentally correct.

I glance at Bianca and she shares the same panicked look.

"What's wrong?" Peyton looks between us.

"Oh what the heck." Bianca sighs. "We met her at Jesse's."

"Jesse?"

"She's the girlfriend." I sigh. Bianca narrows her lips and squints her eyes, waiting for Peyton's reaction.

"Wow, I thought she'd be this girl I'd be crazy jealous of. I'm not that bothered." Peyton shrugs.

"Wow," Bianca stares at her with widened eyes, "I remember Maya nearly dying from jealousy over Mary."

"What? That's a lie." I immediately defend.

"How pretty is she?" Peyton inquires curiously.

"She was the hottest girl I'd ever seen. She's changed though, she looked different."

Indeed she did. Not just in terms of physique and appearance but the look in her eyes, the meaning behind her smiles. She's different.

"Hot, changed, whatever." Peyton shrugs, turning to focus on the screen of my laptop once more.

***

When the door opens and Mason appears, small smile and a shy wave, my mood immediately improves.

He steps into the room and closes the door behind him.

"Hi." He looks between Bianca and I.

"What are you doing here?" I smile, sitting up on my bed.

"The important question; how did you get up here?" Bianca asks.

The security is very strict when it comes to allowing non-students who also aren't family to come up to the dorms. Earlier on when Mason wanted to come up, they wouldn't let him.

"I sweet talked my way up here." He smirks, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I'll ask no further questions." Bianca laughs, standing up from my chair. "I'll give you guys some space."

"Bye." I say as she makes her way out the door.

Mason walks over to me, a concerned look on his face.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He rests the back of his hand against my forehead.

"I fainted, I don't have a fever." I retort.