CHAPTER #17

The mystery person that the HYDRA agents were meeting, was spotted by agent Romanoff.  She excitedly reported to agent Barton, "he's here!  The scientist is who the HYDRA guys were meeting."

Clint could tell that she wanted to get her hands on the man.  "Patience Natasha, just watch them for now.  Where are you?"

"In the bar across the street.  I know my job, stop reminding me."  She replied with annoyance.

He didn't respond until he was in position to watch the scientist.  "I've got him in my sights."

"I've got a tracker, but those agents might recognize me," Natasha said.

"I'll see what I can do and I'll report in to Fury,"  Clint said.  Then he switched his ear piece to the other frequency and contacted the Director.  "We have the scientist under surveillance, any instructions?"

Agent Hill relayed Director Fury's orders.  "No matter what, don't loose him Hawkeye.  We need agent Romanoff to get as much information out of him as possible.  Black Widow has permission to do whatever she needs to."

"Understood,"  Clint said and the call ended.  "Natasha, you have a green light from Fury.  He wants Black Widow to get information from this scientist."

"Finally,"  Natasha sighed.  She flexed her hands and cracked her knuckles.  "First chance I get, I'm isolating him from HYDRA.  Don't get in my way."

Clint grinned, she was all business.  "I know better than to get in your way.  You'd just knock me out."

Natasha chuckled, "like when we were in Somalia.  I did apologize after the operation, for the stitches you had to get."

"I have a thick head, but I learned my lesson well."  Clint touched the scar from that incident.

"They're on the move."

"I see them, they're getting in a black SUV..... I have a tracker on it.  I'll meet you a block up."  He knew she would get a cab or steal some wheels.  He ran and jumped to the next building.  This was done 3 times, then he slid down a drain pipe to the ground.  Clint closed his bow and flung the poncho over the quiver.  She picked him up in a car.

"Stollen?"

"Of course.  We should be able to catch up no problem..... See traffic is slow, they are two cars ahead of us."

Clint looked out the window, "and all three men are still there."

Ten minutes later agent Romanoff made an observation, "we're going in circles. Do you think they know we're back here?"

"They didn't see you steal this car and we've gone past them a few times.  Not only that, but we've taken parallel streets and side alleys.  They don't know about our tail.  Could be someone else is tailing them.  HYDRA's made a lot of enemies over the years," Clint concluded.

"Just in case I'm going to ditch this car and get another," Natasha said.

"Wait, they just stopped in front of the German embassy.  I'm getting out and I'll be on that building.  I'll have a birds eye view of the surrounding streets.  Let me know when you have a new vehicle," Clint added while getting out of the car.

"Hawkeye, see if you spot their other tail."

He nodded and ran across the street.  He took an elevator up and then went out a service door to the roof.  "I'm in position," Clint reported.

"They're still inside. I"m going to get another car now.  Keep me posted of their movements."

With Hawkeye up above and agent Romanoff in a car, it made surveillance of the scientist much easier.  He found the tail and she reported the information to agent Hill.  They followed HYDRA and their man all day, only to end up back at the hotel.