CHAPTER #7

Back on the airship, Nick Fury used their system to trace the movement of the speed boat. He wasn't convinced that after just one day in Thailand, his agents had made contact. The boat seemed to be stationary in Ho Chi Minh City. He wanted to see it make another trip back to Phuket, before he sent Black Widow and Hawkeye after it. So far this was their only lead. He gave instructions to Hawkeye to keep watching the buildings at night. Black Widow was assigned to monitor where the boat was landing. They needed to get a definite ID that it was either Russians or HYDRA disposing of bodies. And secondly they needed to confirm that it really was bodies in those bags.

The next three weeks kept Hawkeye and Black Widow busy. Their alliance with Niran's gang helped them finally break into the building where the smoke came out of every night. They were able to prove that it was bodies going into the furnace. But they still couldn't confirm that it was HYDRA behind it. Romanoff did discover that the man driving the speedboat was Russian, after overhearing him grumbling in his native tongue, about running out of cigarettes. Still Fury wanted them to get closer. It was the fourth week doing surveillance, when Romanoff accidentally got discovered. Her training kept her from being killed, but she did end up getting a tranquilizer dart in her neck. Hawkeye didn't know that this had happened, but when he saw the body the two men were unloading from the van, he didn't hesitate. The two arrows that he sent into the men, killed them instantly. All three bodies fell. He got down to street level in seconds. His heart was in his throat as he checked Romanoff's neck for a pulse. Relief flooded his whole body, when he felt a strong beat. He propped her on the side of the building and looked for blood. Barton saw none and knew she hadn't been shot by a bullet. The mark on her neck made him realize she was tranquilized by a dart. Next he checked the bodies of the two men and found the HYDRA tattoos on their wrists. Using their trolly, he took the two bodies to the furnace and dumped them in. The van with the other bodies he drove a few blocks away, to a building that he knew would be active in the morning. The local police could deal with it then. When he finally returned to Romanoff, she was awake, but acting like she was drunk.

"That's some tranquilizer. Do you think you can ride?" Clint asked her.

"Who am I riding?" Natasha slurred in response.

He rolled his eyes. "Okay, you'll ride with me. Even if I have to tie your arms around my waist."

She gave him a super sultry smile and asked, "I'm riding you?"

Clint laughed, "maybe another time. Come on let's get you back to the room." He picked her up and began carrying her towards his motorbike.

She began kissing his neck and trying to take his clothes off. If it was a different circumstance and she wasn't drugged, then he would have enjoyed the attention completely. But for now it was a little annoying. At last they got to the bike. He put the helmet on her, started the bike and thankfully she got on behind him without too much trouble. Her hands had a mind of their own. One hand stayed wrapped around his waist, while her legs gripped the bike. Her other hand Romanoff was slowly moving up his thigh. It took all his will power, not to let his body respond to her touch. Barton rode faster and thankfully they arrived back at their building. He secured the bike and then once again carried Romanoff up the stairs to their room. He unlocked the door and set her on the ground. After re-locking it, he sighed with relief. Before he could take care of his partner, he had to report the night's events to Nick Fury.

"Hawkeye, you say that you got definite ID that the men are from HYDRA?"

Clint answered, "yes sir, their insignia was tattooed on the inside of their wrists. They're ash now."

"You and agent Romanoff can proceed to Ho Chi Minh City. The cove where you left the scuba tanks, will have a go-fast boat waiting for you around noon."

"Understood sir."

"And agent Barton, no more dead bodies. We can't afford to have HYDRA finding out that we are on to them."

"Yes sir," Clint sighed. He took out his ear piece and looked around. Romanoff was doing a strip tease for him. "Awe Nat, don't do that. Come here."

She stumbled to him and practically fell into his arms. She was already beginning to return to normal mental awareness, but she wanted to see what he'd do. "Kiss me Clint!"

Finally he gave in and he dipped his head and kissed her full lips. His mouth opened, as did hers. Their tongues caressed each other. But just when she was really letting herself respond, he stopped.

"Not like this Natasha." He helped her down on to the blankets she had on the floor. Then held her up against his chest so he could help her drink some bottled water.

A part of Romanoff wanted to keep kissing Barton, but the other part was falling asleep. Her eyes grew heavy and she passed out. Her head rested on his chest and her body slumped.

"I've got you, just sleep it off." Clint sighed.

When he was sure she was okay, he put her down on the ground. Took off his quiver and put away his bow. Then he lay down beside his partner. She shifted so that her head lay cradled in between his chest and arm. He watched her sleep and grinned. If she remembered any of it in the morning, he'd tease her about it for a few days. When she rolled over on to her side, he did the same. They slept back to back.

Barton only slept four hours, then he woke up. He checked on Romanoff and then took the dirt bike to look for their Tuk Tuk driver. He made arrangements for the driver to pick them up around 11 am. Next he went to find Niran. The gang leader told him the police found the van and bodies. An investigation in the area was being conducted. Next he told Niran where to find the second motorbike. This one he was riding they could take now, as long as they got him a Tuk Tuk to go to the restaurant with. When he got to the restaurant, Barton got breakfast to go and then returned to their building. Opening the door, he saw that Romanoff was awake, but had a bad headache.

"Have some coffee and breakfast. I already ate," Clint said handing over what he was carrying.

Natasha took what he offered, "thank you. My head is killing me."

Taking pity on her he explained some of what had happened the previous night. He told her she'd been tranquilized, but left out the part about her coming on to him. He also advised about their departure in an hour.

"I hope we can get a nice room this time. Showering regularly, instead of bathing in the ocean, will be a relief," she said. When his back was to her, Natasha added, "thanks for taking care of me last night."

Clint turned around, "you've done it for me in the past. I owed you."

She began to eat, as he packed up their gear. He let her disable and remove the grid on the window. Then when the Tuk Tuk driver arrived, they went down stairs. The driver took them almost all the way back to the start point of their Thailand operation. But he wouldn't go off the main road, so they had to hike back to the shore. As they came out of the forest, they saw the go-fast boat waiting. It had S.H.E.I.L.D. written on it's side and the logo on it. The agent that would drive the boat, was one that Romanoff had worked with on the airship, in the past.

"Agent Spencer," Natasha greeted him.

"Agent Romanoff, agent Barton. Down below deck you can replace and fix your gear. There's a packet with your hotel information and the spending allowance."

Clint nodded, "thank you agent Spencer."

Both Hawkeye and Black Widow went below deck. Soon the next phase of their operation would begin. She cleaned her weapons and replaced the amo in her clips. He put new tips on his arrows and replaced the ones that were missing. Then they reviewed the information packet together.

"I'm just glad to be able to shower again. What about you?" Natasha asked.

"A shower sounds good and then a beer," Clint grinned.

She rolled her eyes and then followed him topside. They sat down in the seats behind agent Spencer and enjoyed the ride to their next location.