CHAPTER #59

They rode tandem on Bird through the streets, travelling away from the city.  On the outskirts, Bird detected a formation of cars, that were on a direct course with them.  Romanoff wrapped her arms around Barton's waist and her legs clamped down on the motorcycle.  Bird went faster and made evasive maneuvers, but the cars didn't give up the pursuit.  After another bend in the road, they cloaked and changed to air-jet mode, circling back to get intel on their pursuers. Unable to find their target, the cars regrouped and headed back into town.

"I want to know who these jerks are and then let's crack some heads," Clint said.

"Sounds good to me. I don't want any interference with our operation," Natasha replied.

The black Hondas continued in formation into town and then disappeared into a warehouse.  Bird reported that the building was owned by some holding company, but it had no known ties to HYDRA or any other organization that was against S.H.E.I.L.D.

"We have no beefs with locals.  What did you find out about that man that shot at agent Barton?"

"The police know nothing, as far as their report goes,"  Bird replied.

"Yeah right, someone on that police force is being paid off to doctor the records.  Still why are they after us?" Clint asked rhetorically.

Bird commented, "there is something that might be a clue.  Marcy is hiring an acrobatic student and that girl is a relative, all be it far removed, of the Chinese Triads."

"Gang wars... this is about turf?  Then why now, she's apparently been studying at the school for years and no one cared."  Clint mused out loud.

Natasha nodded, "there's something else going on here, but we don't have time to mess around.  A fight between the Yakuza and Triads is not our concern."  Yet even as she said those words, she knew that if Marcy asked for Barton's help, he would do so.

"I'm still going to kick some ass, because they came after me.  You coming?" Clint asked her.

"I need a good stretch, why not." Natasha agreed and hopped on to the ground as Bird became stationary by the main warehouse door.

Clint took his bow and arrow, "I doubt I'll need these, but they seem to depend on guns rather than hand to hand combat."

"You go first then," Natasha grinned, cracking her knuckles.

He chuckled and then entered the building.  At first they were not even noticed and then guns came out.  Barton quickly disarmed the men, with a lobby of arrows.  Then both he and Romanoff kicked some ass.  They left all but one guy unconscious.  Romanoff quickly got information out of the man.  He wasn't a spy, nor was he a HYDRA agent, so it wasn't very hard.  She found out that it was all about gang wars and some how Barton's friend Marcy had got caught up right in the middle.  But no action was planned for a few days.  The gang here, was waiting on orders from their Boss, who was out of country until Sunday.  

While Romanoff was working her magic, Barton picked up his arrows and dismantled every gun.  He put the various parts in a pile and grinned.  "They're going to be very pissed off, when they wake up and have to figure out what part goes with what gun."

"Seriously Clint, you can be such a shit... but it is funny.  Let's get going, we've wasted enough time," Natasha said.

After that they continued their journey, with no further incident. Barton went supersonic to make up the time.  Romanoff was disappointed, when their destination revealed nothing further than what they already knew.  There was only one other place, here in Japan that might offer up a clue.  She had to report in to Fury, before pursuing anything further.  It was a quiet ride back to their hotel.  Barton could tell that she was mulling over the information and trying to gauge the next move.  While Romanoff contacted the Director of S.H.E.I.L.D., he called Marcy, but she was in a business meeting.