CHAPTER # 13

The flight wasn't too long and Barton took the jet down. The little island had a short landing strip, but that was all they needed.  The boat was tied to a dock and the S.H.E.I.L.D. agent met them.  Agent Samson educated them on what weapons, equipment and supplies were in the cabin of the go-fast boat.  Then he took off in the jet and they left on the boat.

"This map and information is way better than last time.  Look how detailed the view is," Natasha said as she showed him the areal map.  

"I'll park us in that little cove.  It looks almost like it could be an under water cave.  Can you zoom in?"  Clint asked pointing at a spot on the laptop image.

"Is that better?" Natasha asked.

He nodded, "it's a cave. Check the nautical map and see what the depth is there."

Again she pulled up a map and he looked at it.  "Nice. It's deep enough, but we'll have to see if the ceiling of the cave is high enough.  Looks like it should be. It would be the perfect spot to stay out of site and watch the island."

"We're equipped with night vision scope and binoculars, so I can help with the observation too.  Maybe climb up the rock face and find a vantage point up top," Natasha added.

As they pulled closer to the cave, the depth finder showed Barton he would have no problem with getting the boat inside the cave. First he pulled in with the nose, then backed out and reversed into the cave.  He dropped anchor.  The cave ceiling was low, but even if the tide rose there was still plenty of room.

"We don't have any climbing gear. I'll free climb and tie a rope off somewhere above," Clint said.  "Whistle if you see anyone approaching on water, while I'm climbing."

Natasha nodded, she wanted to say be careful, but didn't.  "I'll give you a leg up to the cave mouth."

She cupped her hands and he put a foot in them. Romanoff launched him upwards and Barton grabbed onto the rock face.

Romanoff watched him climb higher, using shear hand and arm strength, until he was able to use his feet as well.  The weather was clear with no wind, so that also helped with the climb.  He disappeared over the cliff wall quickly. Then she saw a rope drop down near the front of the boat. She crawled forward and tied if off on the railing.  Knowing that Barton wouldn't return for a few hours, she grabbed the night vision binoculars and scanned the island across from them.  Agent Romanoff could see the armed guards along the shore.  There was a new go-fast boat tied to the dock.  Probably waiting to make another body dump.  Leaning against the windshield of the boat, she got comfortable to do her surveillance. It was about two hours later that agent Barton returned, sliding down the rope.

"It's nice up there.  Right at the edge of the cliff is a tree that makes a good vantage look out point.  The tree has a branch that makes hours of surveillance almost comfortable.  Up there you can see the main building.  They have a helicopter pad on that island too."  Clint reported after accepting a bottle of water from his partner.

"Any place for us to have a fire, so I can make us some coffee?"  Natasha asked.

"Not this time." Clint said handing her an energy bar.

"I guess the days of being pampered are over.  Back to the grind.  I don't understand why I can't just get captured and then do my usual work.  It would be so much faster."

"Fury might be worried that they'd inject you with their serum, then ask questions.  I'm sure you'll get your chance soon enough.  They'll probably have you work on the scientist," Clint determined.

Natasha looked through the scope towards the island, "looks like they've begun loading the body bags."

Clint took interest, "five bags.  I bet they aren't incinerating them in Thailand anymore, probably in Ho Chi Minh."